Keeping Motivated and accountable?

Options
Im Tim. 28 years old and long time dieter. I have always had the issue of staying motivated. I want to know how do you guys stay motivated on a diet for prolonged periods of time. Is it a person you do the diet with that encourages you or is it seeing your results through a progress tracker? Let me know!

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Several things.. one is that I set myself a goal to reach a certain weight by a certain date. Then i found someone to hold me accountable to that goal and have a reward/punishment for not reaching it. The scale and clothing are their own motivators. I could hve bought a size 4 jeans the other day! that's never happened. Finally is the sense of achievement of hitting my calories each day, i'm now on a 90+day tracking streak. I find its not just one thing but a combination of things.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I guess it's easy for me because I'm not on a "diet". I'm making changes that will be easy for me to stick with for years. I try to create a modest deficit. It means slower weight loss, but I'm okay with that.