Weight Loss Meds??

mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
I was referred by my doc after I visited him today to discuss my weight. After blood work, he put me on Adipex, is anyone else on this?? What is the success with it?

Replies

• mello
    I was referred by my doc after I visited him today to discuss my weight. After blood work, he put me on Adipex, is anyone else on this?? What is the success with it?
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phentermine

I took this briefly, as it was all the rage amongst the LEO's in my area. It works for about a month then no longer is effective. If you need a boost, it seems safe, but as always we MFPers are advocates of the safe natural way of things. Give the above wiki article a look, it's pretty informative.
  • mello
    Thanks, he DID say it was only to help my motivation for a short time. I also received stringent nutritional and excercise guidelines.
  • mello
    Thanks, he DID say it was only to help my motivation for a short time. I also received stringent nutritional and excercise guidelines.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    It can also cause some massive mood swings. I hope he started you on a small dosage. Sometimes starting with even a quarter of a pill to see how you react and then work your way up. It gives you energy, but the appetite suppressant I have heard from a lot of people tends to wear off after a month or so.
  • mello
    wow, no he gave me the full dose, but did say to cut the pill in half if it felt too strong. He also said it was a short term tool, that it would lose it's effectiveness as time wore on.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    It can exaggerate your moods. If you're happy, it makes you super happy (at least in the beginning):laugh: . But if your having a bad day, it can give you a crying spell to flood your house (and wash your loved ones away from you):sad: . It also made me itchy too, but that might just be me. I personally loved the stuff, took it mainly for energy, but it truly is a short-term thing, so it might be a good starter for you. Hope it works out for you...::happy:
  • mello
    I'm hoping!!!! I just need something to help me get that motivatoin needed to get my butt up and moving. I know a pill is not the answer,but I'm glad to have something just to get me kick started.