Cheat

Options
Today at a family venue I was given a packet of chips by my nephew, but I haven't eaten chips in around 4 months now, I was repulsed at the thought of eating them. My family kept saying 'it's fine to have a treat'...and I ended up eating them (70g pack).

After eating them I felt ashamed, and somewhat disgusted at myself. I honestly felt like making myself sick because I hated knowing they were something unhealthy. And then for dinner I had about 6 small croutons with a salad and now I feel incredibly guilty.

Therefor to reduce my anger I just did some intense weight lifting downstairs and now I feel incredibly faint.

Does anybody know what's happening?

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You're becoming overly obsessed with food and calories and need to calm down and just enjoy the chips.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You had one slip up?

One bad day doesn't signal certain doom for the future. Log it and move on.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with chips - if they fit your macros.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. Dont feel guilty. Logs the chips and the croutons and carry on. You can have a treat sometimes. Make them fit into your day. No food is forbiden. Relax you wont gain weignt from that small cheat. Maybe drink some extra water to flush the salt from the chips...
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    I learned to control my "binge". I would go a month without chips and then I would go have a handful and then the bag was gone and another, and a brownie, and cookies and anything in my fridge. Now I try to mix in a few chips on days I do heavy cardio and have a lot of calories left, or I treat myself to popcorn. Never cut stuff out completely if you ask me, it just makes things worse
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No clue what could have caused you to feel faint, but doubt it had anything to do with the chips or croutons. And I don't think you should feel angry, ashamed or disgusted about having eaten them - it's just food, man. I eat chips and other 'treats' all the time, I log them into my diary and they fit into my goals - goals which I have reached successfully while eating chips, pizza, burgers, ice cream, cake, etc.

Sounds like you may have an unhealthy relationship with food. It's not "bad" food, it's just food. Yeah, some may be more beneficial for our bodies, and there are healthy and less healthy choices to be made, but it's all food, and a matter of calories in/calories out.

Congrats on your weight loss success so far, but make sure you're going down a sustainable road, working with realistic goals and ways of eating that you can keep doing for life. Restricting too much can lead to yo-yo dieting and regaining the weight, which no one wants to do.

Log the chips & the croutons in your day and move on. No need for harsh feelings, or going gonzo with a workout to counter them - you'll be fine. :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You've read nonsense about clean eating somewhere, haven't you?

Stop reading that crap.

If you must have a guideline, read about IIFYM.
  • wannabehealthyagain
    Options
    You're becoming overly obsessed with food and calories and need to calm down and just enjoy the chips.

^^^^^This