New to Strength Training, not New to Weight Loss

Hi. I'm Brooke. Last year I lost ~30 pounds over a period of 6 months. Nothing fantastic but I was happy taking it slow. That's what worked for me. I had a bunch of storms hit all at once in my personal life and stopped counting calories, keeping track of exercise and calories burned, etc. I didn't gain any weight back, I still managed to keep my weight the same. Now that my life is smoothing out, for the most part, I'm back! I'm a 23 year old female, mother to a 4 year old, and new to strength training. I'm also bipolar with anxiety and insomnia, both which play a major part in my life. I am on a journey to treat these disorders naturally, through vitamins, food, etc. I'm also fighting to quit smoking.
In any case, I'm on the search for friends who lift! Male or female, young or seasoned. I am FULL of questions and don't have many people who can answer them. I read as much as I can, though it can only take me so far. PLEASE send me friend requests! I'm open to ALL requests, we're in this together. In it to win it! ;)
I'm a mostly positive type of gal, though I do have my down days! I try to lead as active a lifestyle as possible to set a good example for my child. In addition to strength training, I'm doing yoga and trying to get my foot in the door as far as running goes. I'm doing Zombie 5k. I also own a Fitbit Flex, so some competition with that would be great! Thanks in advance! =]

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hello! Zombie 5k? That would be awesome! I would love to encourage you on your journey. Feel free to add me!