Maintenance calories .. After restricting.. Help?

Options
Obviously to go from 76lb to 129lb I have over eaten somewhere along the lines, I knew during months july2013-december2013 I ate ALOT! 2000-3500 calories a day in absolute chocolate... Sometimes I ate so much I was sick... This was my approach to gaining weight. Well I gained weight FAST! Then I panicked and tried to restrict calories to 500 a day again and have been trying that approach until last week.. Where I have been eating closely to maintenance levels without exercise as I was previously exercising for 1 hour a day and eating 400-700 calories I was so grumpy I don't know how I used to do it... Anyhow I am now the biggest I have ever been EVER! And I hate it... How long do I stick with maintenance? How long until I can exercise? I want to do a 20% tdee cut... I'd like to get back to 107-112ish lb.... I'd be happy at 115 though..... Ah I'm stuck :-( I'm 154cm so numbers aren't low

My display picture is from 2012 when I was 107lb and super fit and ate what I wanted! Mostly healthy but I did enjoy and when I say enjoy I mean ENJOY every weekend.... Ah I'm stuck,,, I want to get back to that but a healthy way again not a relapse of crazy weightloss events in 2013

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    Not sure I am following your post correctly - You have been eating 400 - 700 calories a day for how long???? :noway:

The way I stick with maitenance is set my weight goal to "maintain my weight" and eat about that many net calories per day - basically the same system I used to lose weight except I had the setting at "lose x amount per week"
  • CeriThompson
    CeriThompson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry ☺️ I'll break it down..
    June2010-March 2012 exercised well, ate well
    March 2012 started insanity programme cals dropped to 700-1000
    December 2012 I hit 7 stone.
    February 2013 started really restricting and over exercising 100-300 cals a day
    May 2013 hit 5st 3lb.
    June 2013-December 2013 ate lots of food. Gained up to 7stone 7lb.
    January until July 2014 400-70. ALS. Day, miserable, tired no energy. Gained up to 9stone 3lb so I must of been overheating otherwise I wouldn't have gained so much weight....

Have been eating 1330 since Saturday 19th July. (5days) no weight gain yet, how long until I can exercise as I don't want my body to panick and think I'm depriving it again so it stores everything as felt.. I want to lose appx 20lbs! :-(
  • CeriThompson
    Options
    Bump
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Somewhat impenetrable.

You have ALS the disease ? You were eating 400-700 calories and gained weight - 24 lbs in 6 months.

You just increased to 1330 calories and want to know when you can start exercising ?
  • CeriThompson
    Options
    Somewhat impenetrable.

You have ALS the disease ? You were eating 400-700 calories and gained weight - 24 lbs in 6 months.

You just increased to 1330 calories and want to know when you can start exercising ?
    Lost me here
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It sounds like this may be something best asked of your doctor, counselor, or a registered dietitian. Preferably one who has experience with disordered eating patterns.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever
    76lbs? That is very low for an adult

You ate 400-700 calories a day for how long?

Then you said “February 2013 started really restricting and over exercising 100-300 cals a day” So you exercised like crazy but only had 100 calories a day?

Here is another one “January until July 2014 400-70.” ????

Then you say you are eating 1330 but have not gained and how long you should wait to exercise? What? Why does a person wait to exercise when they are trying to lose weight?

Read your post and make sure you make sense.
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Stay within the 1300 calories and the weight will slowly come off. I tried to restrict calories in order to lose the weight fast, and it got me nowhere. Then, I ate 1200 cal + half my exercise cal back and that`s how I got to my goal weight. Quick fix never last.
    You will gain some weight back at first, but it will come off in time.
    Hope that helps..