missing NI

Options
hello, after logging in what i will be having for dinner i noticed that 4 oz lean strip steak lists no NI on my journal. can someone enlighten me?

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    What is an NI? Am I the only one wondering this? lol :bigsmile:
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Just a guess:

No Nutritional Information ???

[Do I win a prize if I'm right? LOL!]
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Niacin?
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Ahhhhh! That makes sense. I'm guessing you should choose another one then, chances are somebody just added it quickly at one time or another.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Nitrate - meats contain a lot of nitrates. Prize for me please! ;)

That being said, I know many people avoid hot dogs and processed meat like deli slices b/c of the excessive nitrates but the FDA has concluded that the benefits (killing botulism) outweigh the cons.

I don't believe the law requires the amount contained in a product must be displayed (kind of like how products with very few calories can legally say they have 0 calories per serving although they may have up to 10 or so) hence why the NI count does not appear in your log.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh! That makes sense. I'm guessing you should choose another one then, chances are somebody just added it quickly at one time or another.

That could be the case as well (that you meant NI = nutritional intake and many items on here were loged quickly - just click edit to fix that) however, you mentioned meat and I thought periodic table when you said NI so please do come back to this thread to let us know.

The final answer is killing me...... LOL!
  • autumnbaby1234
    autumnbaby1234 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oh sorry had to step away. NI= Nutritional Information..Calories, Fat, Fiber etc...

i guess i will have to go back and choose another item from the data base. thanks for the respones.
    whoever said Nutritional Information.. a big pat on the back will have to sufice for your prize
    LOL