inspiration :)

ferb55
ferb55 Posts: 45 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
So today I have decided to change my picture to a body I would love love love to have by the time I turn 24 :) That gives me 2 years to stick to this mfp plan and kick my exercise up A LOT :)

I don't have to look exactly like Kim Kardashian, but I'd love to have the boobs and butt with the flat tummy ;)

How do you guys all inspire yourselves to go a little longer on the treadmill or not to eat the rest of that brownine?

Replies

• fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    I think about my future kids. I want them to have a healthy start, so I'm getting healthy in order to provide that when I'm pregnant.

I think about my own future. I want to have a long and healthy life.

I think about the clothes I want to wear, and feeling comfortable in my own body.
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120 Member
    I have a little journal I keep photo's like this in! It's working, it will for you too :)
  • Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    i do exactly wot yoo do have a pic as my wallpaper
    and when i was younger i was a brittish showjumper and gymnast and really thin so a old pic of myself x
  • aflaherty
    aflaherty Posts: 22 Member
    i've had a goal for a while that I would leave the treadmill until i burned 300 calories. so i'd find myself wimping out once i'd done it, thinking i was exhausted. sometimes it would take me like 45 mins of running and walking to reach the goal. while cleaning my desk the other day, i found an old training schedule to go from simple workouts to either a half-marathon or marathon. i'm not a runner by any means, but have been running (let's be honest and call it jogging) and I figured maybe i'd try out the half-marathon plan. i started on week 5 since it was the first week doing jogging/walking (the first weeks include shuffling which is awkward and i'm a little beyond that in my workouts). Needless to say, the workouts have me blasting calories in no time and pushing me for only 34-39 minutes and I feel great! It's been a good challenge to take me beyond my "i'm tired and can't go on" mentality. btw, now i'm blasting about 450 calories with a 35 min workout and then some lazy walking (why i finish watching my tv show) Good luck!
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    I used to put inspirational pictures as my screen saver on my phone. When my friend was getting married I put a picture of the dress as a screen saver. Exercise is usually ALWAYS on my mind so I really don't need reminders, but I have found that instead of looking at the big picture it is easier for me to have mini goals to work towards i.e. certain goal for the week. That way I can keep my mind focused on it for that short amount of time.
  • I always make sure that I am on a treadmill or Elliptical that is in view of mirrors. I don't want to sound vain, but I have a pretty face. I just look at myself working out and think to myself, "I want my body to be as pretty as my face." I also voice myself to my husband. If I keep my goals to myself, then no one knows if I am slacking. If I voice them, I feel more encouraged to follow through. I started a weight loss challenge with a few friends and family. I got 12 participants! It is helpful because we all know what we're going through. So Thanksgiving really wasn't that hard, because I wasn't the only one watching my calories. The challenge ends on Easter next year, with a BIG payout of $240, and everyone is going on a trip to Vegas! I never liked the camera, but I WANT to be in pictures when I'm there! So, I'm making it so that I wont want to hide the pics when I get back! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.