Vietnamese food and nutritional info when eating out

Options
Hi! I'm a little new here, I hope this is the right place to ask this :)

I was wondering how you guys handle counting/logging nutrition for eating out after making modifications and when nutritional info isn't available. For example, today I went out for lunch with my boyfriend to this Vietnamese place (marketed as a fresh and healthy joint!) and ordered the lemongrass chicken banh mi sandwich. I know those are usually pretty high in fat/calories, but I ordered it with no mayo so it was essentially a thin baguette (6-8" tops) with some chicken, cilantro, cucumbers and carrots. My boyfriend ate about 1/4 of it (his version of "taking a bite" -_______-) and split my side of yam fries with me. I tried looking up info on the banh mi, but all the information I can find sort of inconclusive (most includes mayo in the nutrition info and I have no idea what size the information is referring to). It sort of makes it hard to keep track!

So, my question is, how do you guys factor eating out when you don't really know the nutritional info into your goals? I have no idea whether I'll end up over/underestimating, and I'd rather be accurate since I'm still kind of learning about fitness tracking.

:) Thanks!

Replies