too much water?

Options
Does anyone know how much is too much water? I know that drinking to much isn't healthy, hence the deaths in those stupid water drinking contests. But how much is too much? For example, I drink approximately 96-112 oz at work everyday, at least 48 oz at the gym, and Lord knows how much when i get home. Not to mention, the 12 oz diet mt. dew, 1 cup of coffee, I have everyday.

Before anyone mentions it, I don't have high blood sugar, and I'm not thirsty all the time, I've just always drank a lot of water. Any advice would be appreciated.

Note* I tried googling this question and I can't come up with anything, I stink at the internet =) Thanks for any tips.

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    It's not how much water you drink, it's how fast you drink it. Here's a link I found.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Large amounts of water is only bad/dangerous if you drink it all in a short period of time. If your spreading it all out through the day, you should be fine. Water is GOOD for you :)
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    this is one of those topics where every so called expert says differently. along with so many other health questions. i say if you feel fine then do what u been doing.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I drink 110-160 oz. I workout and sweat AND drink caffeine which is a diuretic and causes me to pee more so I need more water. I have always drank that much and I am fine. Doctor says the healthiest I've ever been. :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    those drinking contests are things like 2 litres in 1/2 hour. Lots of water over the course of the day is just fine.