Goal is not to gain over the next 6 weeks

Options
So I have decided that my goal for the next six weeks, from Thanksgiving to New Year’s is to just not gain any weight. I have managed to lose 5 pounds but now the temptation is high and great food is all around. I will still track and I will still weigh myself weekly to keep myself in check. As long as I do not gain, I will be pleased with myself. Then after the New Year I will continue with actual weight loss. So I am not giving up! :wink:

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :heart: This is a GREAT Plan!! My Curves club started a Contest this week called "Nothing To Lose" and the goal is just to maintain your current weight until the first week of January. Basically everyone involved will get some kind of prize (there will be a drawing at the end of the Contest and if your name gets drawn you get a prize). Five people will get One Free Month of Curves Work Outs!!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That's a great plan! I've made the same goal. Every time I feel things slipping out of control I jump on the elliptical and jump-start my energy level again. If I can just keep exercising I think I'll be okay!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Me too me too!! I'm going to keep working out, but not going to stress not losing anything.
  • adrianhelen
    adrianhelen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I liked the idea! I think it in itself makes for a good challenge. I was reading that so many people put on weight during the holidays and it never comes off.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I am SO with you!! I was just thinking today, rather than trying to lose, I think I will just try to maintain. With all the foods associated with the holidays, I don't want to deprive myself. But I also don't want to completely throw in the towel. Exercise (finishing P90) and logging everyday will help me immensely with this goal.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    How did everyone do yesterday?
    I think I did OK, had a Braum's Yogurt & Fruit Swirl for Breakfast, met Friends at an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet for Lunch, and had a Healthy Choice Meal (Pumpkin Squash Ravioli) for Dinner.
    Hubby and I walked a little over 4 miles at the Park before Dinner.
    Hope every one is doing well and On Track Today.
    :heart: :happy:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    OOps, double Posted!!:grumble: :ohwell: :blushing: