Completely lost my Way!!!

Options
niqua215
niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
I am not a newbie to MFP and have successfully lost 40 lbs previously on the site. Unfortunately the scale stopped moving and I got frustrated, lost my motivation and completely lost my way. So within the last year I have gained back every pound that I had previously lost, plus an additional 6 lbs or so. I'm disappointed in myself and it's depressing but I've decided to pick myself up off the floor and start over. My life has become super hectic with work, school, three kids and a baking business on the side so this will be a challenge. Especially being around cakes and pastries everyday. Sigh. I went ahead and purchased a treadmill so I can start doing C25K. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I'm challenging myself to just keep going. All the help and motivation here on MFP would be appreciated. Thanks for listening/reading.

Replies

• Russquatch
    Russquatch Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    don't be hard on yourself, it's so easy to gain, and so hard to lose... I'm still new at this site and the whole life style change, but the folks on here have been amazing.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place where we can and will help you get to where you want to be
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    Girl, you and I have the same story! I also joined way back in 2011 and made several attempts to keep up with my goals but then fell off and got so discouraged that I just gave up all together...and that only ended in me putting on more weight than ever. I, too, am back and starting over. Time to wipe the slate clean, not worry about past failures, and move forward from here on out! We can do this together. I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • niqua215
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Here's to years of healthier living.
  • loristory1970
    loristory1970 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight , but more importantly get fit. I was at the same weight for years. Decided to join mfp a few months ago. I'

Anyway, it's ok that you got off track. Your back on track now. We all go through ups and downs. Your focused on living a healthy life. That's what's important.

You can friend me if you like.

Have a great night.
  • jennifer110367
    Options
    You are back now!
    Gaining is soooo easy! The weight just creeps back. I am just starting too. We can do this!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!

We all get lost sometimes. The good news that you are now found. :bigsmile:
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I did the same thing! I hope this time I stick with it and don't relapse!!! We can and will do it again!
  • lila1958
    lila1958 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on buying a treadmill and getting started again, you did it before, you can do it again.. don't lick the spoon, lol.. that's a challenge. Good luck, beautiful!
  • Glossysweets
    Options
    Congrats to you on coming back. Don't be too hard on yourself. Love yourself in the midst of that fault. The most important things are to love yourself and to learn from your experiences. If you can walk away learning something from that past year then none of it matters anyways.

Keep it up. This community is great and will give you support when you need it.
  • katherineduweck
    katherineduweck Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight is so easy for so many reasons, please don't punish yourself. I've had UPS, downs, and standstill months, and it's a struggle. Do your best, remember why you're doing it (I mean YOU, maybe not the popular or p.c. reasons, why YOU'RE doing it), and come to the community for support. We are always here.

You will make progress day by day. You are doing great by starting again. From someone in a similar situation, I'm proud of you.
  • dogluvr_2014
    dogluvr_2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! First give yourself credit for trying again. Some people give up and never come back or try again so you already have one victory right there. I can't imagine trying to do this and have a bakery business too. That alone goes to show how strong you really are. I believe you can do this. Just make up your mind that failure is not an option and completely remove it as an obstacle. I have tried and failed many, many times before myself but since coming on this site everything is different in my life. My commitment has never been this strong before and I will never give up no matter how long it takes. You have friends here that understand. We will help and support you in any way we can so you don't have to do this alone. God Bless!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsmolisee
    mrsmolisee Posts: 11
    Options
    I feel you girl ima mom of 3...possibly 4... (well see bout that by sunday though) and after my 2nd child I lost so much weight! I loved it I was down to 150 and I always been a 200lb kinda girl ;o) well got pregnant again and didnt gain much only 10lbs which came off after birth. Got the depo shot and gaines gained gained! I Wouldn't eat for days and id still gain weight. I sky rocketed to 289lbs.i became severely depressed. The day my daughter called me fat killed me. I stopped w the junk food which ive never even ate much of but still got the temptation away. Im now at 257. And thats with just a diet change and light exercise. I just join MFP and already met some amazing people.the calorie counter is a god send.its all about support and believing in yourself. If you want add me and iwe can help one another out. Its not gonna be easy but its not gonna be impossible. Xo
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I agree with others don't be hard on yourself. I have been on this site for years and finally decided not to give up when the scale doesn't move about 2 months ago. There are really supportive threads on this site for people who want to lose a huge amount.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP! You can do this. Feel free to add me for support. :flowerforyou:
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sending a fr. I have been on this journey off and on for about 4 years now. I still have about 16 or so pounds to go. We can do this!
  • niqua215
    Options
    I feel you girl ima mom of 3...possibly 4... (well see bout that by sunday though) and after my 2nd child I lost so much weight! I loved it I was down to 150 and I always been a 200lb kinda girl ;o) well got pregnant again and didnt gain much only 10lbs which came off after birth. Got the depo shot and gaines gained gained! I Wouldn't eat for days and id still gain weight. I sky rocketed to 289lbs.i became severely depressed. The day my daughter called me fat killed me. I stopped w the junk food which ive never even ate much of but still got the temptation away. Im now at 257. And thats with just a diet change and light exercise. I just join MFP and already met some amazing people.the calorie counter is a god send.its all about support and believing in yourself. If you want add me and iwe can help one another out. Its not gonna be easy but its not gonna be impossible. Xo

Good luck on your journey. I know the feeling, but rather than remaining depressed, I've decided to take action again. The hardest part will be getting my mindset right. I think once I get through this week and next week, my mind will be more focused. I have cake orders for the upcoming week so I just have top prepare myself mentally not to sample the goods.