Supporters for someone first starting out/ shakeology?

Options
tararag
tararag Posts: 38 Member
I have tried and tried dieting all the time but I SERIOUSLY want to start this monday because I am fed up with feeling not confident in my own skin. Looking for others who can help and give motivation.

I also just purchased shakeology which came in the mail today and am excited to start using it. and advice on that too would be awesome!

Replies

• Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Most people will advise you to save your money.. Shakeology is just overpriced protein powder and isn't necessary to lose weight, creating a caloric deficit is.

Why wait till Monday?? If you're serious about changing your lifestyle, there's no better time than today. Its the "I'll start again Monday" mindset that usually sets people up for repeated failure.
  • selmaphilbrick
    selmaphilbrick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink shakeology for breakfast everyday. I love it! I drink it for the health benefits! :D
  • tararag
    tararag Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm going away on vacation this weekend and won't have the ability to cook for myself/exercise
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I drink it daily, well worth the benefits. The nutrition is one of a kind. I'll never quit drinking it.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Shakeology should partner up with Shake Weight. The possibilities would be endless!

tumblr_mi727eNKOE1qb74sco1_250.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I drink it for the health benefits!

such as?
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Most people will advise you to save your money.. Shakeology is just overpriced protein powder and isn't necessary to lose weight, creating a caloric deficit is.

Why wait till Monday?? If you're serious about changing your lifestyle, there's no better time than today. Its the "I'll start again Monday" mindset that usually sets people up for repeated failure.

All of this. The first part being obvious to most people, but the second part being something that we've ALL said, and then all not bothered with. I gained an additional 30lbs while I kept saying, "I'll get back on track Monday".
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

such as?
    I think because you waste so much money on it, you're forced to go on a diet because you have no food money left for the rest of the month. Its a great built in caloric deficit system. its a win win.
  • getfitalicious
    Options
    Personally I cannot stand the way Shakeology tastes however it is supposed to have great benefits. I prefer to use Syntha-6 which is half the price and the taste is tolerable! Did you buy a workout program with it?

What do you plan on doing for exercise? I wouldn't put it off... the longer you keep putting it off the further away you are from reaching your goal! Why not just start today!? Procrastination is number one when it comes to weight loss....you don't want to wait around until your completely miserable with yourself!

If you need some extra motivation, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you just like the shake, cool. But if you are using it as a protein source, I would suggest researching better (and cheaper) options. If you use the product, don't like it or don't want to waste your money, please check out this link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

In fact, check it out anyways. It'll probably help you even if you decide to use shakeology.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

such as?

Maybe the ones the FDA said were false?
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have tried and tried dieting all the time but I SERIOUSLY want to start this monday because I am fed up with feeling not confident in my own skin. Looking for others who can help and give motivation.

I also just purchased shakeology which came in the mail today and am excited to start using it. and advice on that too would be awesome!

I will probably get the judgment hammer upside the head for this, but is that you in the profile picture? You are already very thin, so maybe a lifting program for tone if you are not happy with the way you look naked. However, if that is you in the picture, you look great!
  • jlynn322
    jlynn322 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi tararag,

It all depends on what exactly your goals are, everybody is different and you will find TONS of varying opinions on Shakeology, nutrition and fitness (and often times they can be overly generalized). What do you hope to get from your workouts and nutrition?

Admittedly, I am not a certified nutritionist, or a personal trainer (yet!- working on that one!) but I am a fitness professional and live a pretty healthy lifestyle. I have seen the results of clean eating, eating to fuel my body properly, and incorporating Shakeology in there some as well, and at the past few years have been the healthiest I have ever been (and that is more from the numbers from my Drs office and annual physical more than the numbers on my scale!)

If I knew more about your goals I would be happy to help provide some guidance and motivation- I know I don't have all the answers, but I can help you find the ones that are right for you, it's what I love to do!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,994 Member
    Options
    ^ and sell her some products along the way?