can someone help me , on how much calories i need ?

Options
my goal is too lose weight and a lot of fat

I'm 300 lbs , 6.4 ft 23 male , my life style depends on my work , sometime its high , sometimes low or moderate

when I use the BMR calculator I find that I need 2800 calories at lest to lost 0.5 to 0.8 kg every week
my BMR = 2700 using the calculator

hmm I dont know what I should do . I'm thinking about using a diet plan with 2500 calories and stopping the headache
because I found out that I'm eating very low now , and i don't want to slow my metabolism

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That is a good plan. Lots of us have weekly activity levels that change. Have you tired changing your settings to .25 kg per week? That might work better for you. Do not worry about "slowing" your metabolism. Read these if you have not already:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    from that starting point you could eat 2000 cals/day for a month and then re-assess
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Don't be too paranoid about things like metabolic slowdown it takes a while to happen.

Best thing is to take an approach and stick with it for at least a month. Then look at your results. If you think you should be losing faster or slower modify your calories.

Lots of sites estimate TDEE and BMR and all that and they can be quite accurate but the ultimate source of information is YOUR body and how it reacts to what you do it it.
  • Berkables
    Berkables Posts: 35
    Options
    Best thing is to take an approach and stick with it for at least a month. Then look at your results. If you think you should be losing faster or slower modify your calories.

This! Don't be afraid of trial and error. Especially of the error part. It takes experimentation and tracking to figure out what works best, so don't work under any deadlines.