Does anyone have any exercise suggestions???

Options
I have reached my weight that I used to settle for assuming I couldn't do better. But I know now I can. So I wanted to sculpt my body a bit...I guess that's the way to put it...here's what i want to do...

I've always had a flat *kitten* no matter how fat i got. I want a nice *kitten* for once in my life. So I need suggestions on how to grow my glute muscles so I can get it.

Ever since I've had kids the weight never leaves my belly...I want to shrink my waist. I still look pregnant even though I've lost over 20 pounds and haven't been pregnant in 4 years (and before you ask...no there is no possible way i am prego now)

I have a weak and deformed (as I call it) skeleton. Some of my bones aren't where they are supposed to be. For example my right shoulder is messed up. The ball of the shoulder is out of the joint and raised up scraping the bone it's near and pinching nerves. So I cannot bare more than 2 pounds on that side. But I'm told if I strengthen the muscles attached to that bone it will pull it back to where it belongs.

Also my spine is twisted in multiple directions (Most people don't see it but the xrays do and I feel it). I'd like to strengthen mu back muscles to help support my spine properly.

My knees are very weak and the cartilage is breaking away. I need to strengthen my knees so I can avoid surgery.

Also my legs are pure muscle now and I don't want them getting bulky but I want to drop another 10-15 pounds.

So does anyone have suggestions on how I could accomplish these things?

Replies

• Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i've been doing pilates for a few weeks it sculpts but doesnt bulk... so i hear lol.. we'll see in a few months
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    i've been doing pilates for a few weeks it sculpts but doesnt bulk... so i hear lol.. we'll see in a few months

I was going to suggest pilates too. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Fancy1965
    Options
    I find that puting on my c d s an shaking what i got helps . chch slide an the cuped suffle . or wonderfull .
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    Was going to suggest pilates too... its strengthens and sculpts at the same time. I actually love pilates :)
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i love, love, love, pilates! lol
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    For the glutes, I would suggest doing wall sits, lunges, and squats. However, depending on what exactly is going on with your knees, those types of moves may make things worse for you. The wall sit is a good one as it's convenient (you can do it wherever there is a wall) and you use your body weight as resistance. It engages your core, quads, glutes, hamstrings, calves, everything. You sit against the wall as if you're sitting in a chair, with your hamstrings parallel to the floor. Hold that pose for as long as you can.

Don't be afraid of "bulking up," by the way. It is a myth that women will bulk up in the same manner as men if they strength train/lift weights. By nature, it is impossible for women to bulk up unless they are taking supplements that will promote this. Strength training will give you the shape and firmness that you are looking for.