has anyone tried medifast?

Options
2»

Replies

• sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 25 pounds in one month on Medifast. It's not for everyone. I also don't think I could do it for more than a month. It was exactly what I needed at the time to give myself a boost when I started on this journey. What I liked about it was showing me that I could stay focused and commited.
  • redreed
    redreed Posts: 2
    Options
    I started Medifast 2 weeks ago and lost 10lbs so far. It's not for everyone, and does take a certain mindset to do, but for me it's been the easiest "diet" I've ever done. I have moderate ADHD and future planning is totally not my strong suit. I'm always late and I'm always in a rush and being able to grab a bar or shake is the answer to a prayer. The food's not bad (and I'm picky), and there are about 70 different types of things to choose from. The first week was tough, but I tried other types of bars and shakes (and pancakes) and after the first week, it started to taste pretty good, especially the brownies.

And on the plus side, I've never had so much focused energy. It's pretty neat.
  • javaher
    javaher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started Medifast about 4 weeks ago and have lost 11lbs and a few inches so far. I’m a slow loser in general as most of my weight is located in the lower parts of my body. But, so far it seems to work fine. The most important thing is that medifast helped me to get off sugar. I had a sweet tooth and had to add sugar to almost everything. Now teas and other food taste sweet to me without even the added sugar. I’m also drinking a lot more water. My plan is to stick with it until I reach my goal of 119lbs, (I'm short, 5 feet and nothing). Then, I’ll just continue with healthy eating and exercise.
  • Juliey10013
    Options
    Hi there,

Today is my first day on this site, as well as starting my Medifast diet. I've done it once before in the past pre-pregnancy and had such success and have now started it again today post-pregnancy. The one thing I found when I previously did the diet, I got a little bored with the same things day after day, there are a few websites that have a variety of recipes that you can come up with muffins, souffles, etc which really helped me get over the hurdle of bordom. If you would like for me to send it to you, send me your e-mail and I'll send you my file over. I have to dust it off a bit but if I remember correctly, I had a bunch of notes on whether or not I loved them.

Good luck to you and your success!

Take care, Julie
  • Juliey10013
    Options
    I have to agree with LawyerMom3000 as well. I did the program in 2009 and lost 27 lbs and kept it off because I followed the maintenance plan. With any diet out there, you have to properly transition yourself back onto regular food and how you manage and prepare food from the store. I've known many people who didn't transition, went cold turkey and gained all of the weight back and others who followed it all the way through and still to this day look awesome!

Good luck!