Wii recommendations?

Life_is_Good
Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been debating on purchasing the Wii system... I'd like to know the pros & cons of the programs before spending the $$$$$. All input is appreciated :smile:

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    not quite sure which pros and cons you are looking for on games, but I love my Wii Biggest Loser. It's a good little workout :)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    A co-worker was telling me that Walmart or ToysRus is having a Friday door opener on Wii for $50. Might want to check it out
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    I love, love, love mine. :D
  • saychzzz
    saychzzz Posts: 69 Member
    We have the Wii Fit, I haven't tried it yet but my 14 year old son lost 20 pounds last school year doing it. He loves it! I want to eventually get to it but right now I'm enjoying walking too much to stop.
  • i love it, although havent gotten to buying any new games, i jsut use the sport one it comes with, it's definately funand entertaining!
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    i absolutely LOVE my wii. i have the wii fit plus, wii active and the wii zumba should be here any day now. :D the games are fun, not the best at graphics if you are looking for that, but i love the idea that we have to move and get our butts off the couch to play the games. :D
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Maybe I didn't use mine long enough, but I have the biggest loser and the Wii fit plus and I haven't used them hardly at all. Maybe I wasn't doing it right (or didn't spend enough time with them) or maybe I was expecting something different, but I didn't feel like I was getting any kind of a serious workout on them. There was so much starting and stopping and messing with the controls and selecting things. Like I said, I probably just didn't give them enough of a chance (I spent maybe a total of 1 hour with them and they have just sat on the shelf since). I hear a lot of people really like them though. Some day I'll pull them out again to see if I can figure out what's so great about them LOL!! Just thought I'd throw out a different opinion. I'd suggest finding someone's to try before buying to see if it would work for you!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    I love my wii. I have wii fit and EA active. I have the board (only scale I use) and love the games and workouts. I use my own resistance bands and have added weights to some stuff.

It's very fun and when it's hot in the summer we have wii bowling tournaments with our friends and do bracket play. Fun fun fun
  • Life_is_Good
    Reply to DrBorkBork

I'm looking to see if those who have purchase the system & games, feel it is worth it... been using it alot? ... seen results etc.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    I somewhat agree with TonyaGonya. I love my wii, but its not as intense of a workout for me compared to going to the gym or going for a walk/jog so I don't use it as often (maybe once a week). Its a nice alternative to the gym when I just DON'T want to go though. Of course, I might just need to get some new games to keep my interest and keep me moving more. My bff has Just Dance 1 and 2 and I can burn a decent amount of cals on those games in an hour.
  • Life_is_Good
    Maybe I didn't use mine long enough, but I have the biggest loser and the Wii fit plus and I haven't used them hardly at all. Maybe I wasn't doing it right (or didn't spend enough time with them) or maybe I was expecting something different, but I didn't feel like I was getting any kind of a serious workout on them. There was so much starting and stopping and messing with the controls and selecting things. Like I said, I probably just didn't give them enough of a chance (I spent maybe a total of 1 hour with them and they have just sat on the shelf since). I hear a lot of people really like them though. Some day I'll pull them out again to see if I can figure out what's so great about them LOL!! Just thought I'd throw out a different opinion. I'd suggest finding someone's to try before buying to see if it would work for you!

I'm looking to add variety but have several "hardly used" exercise videos & this is exactly what I'm afraid will happen!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Reply to DrBorkBork

I'm looking to see if those who have purchase the system & games, feel it is worth it... been using it alot? ... seen results etc.

Oh, okay. Yes, to all of the above. I don't regret buying mine. Wii BL helped me drop my first 20 lbs :)

And someone mentioned Wii Zumba. WHAAAAT?! WANT!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    .......I love my wii, but its not as intense of a workout for me compared to going to the gym or going for a walk/jog so I don't use it as often (maybe once a week).........

Yes, exactly!!! I was expecting to get a true workout out of it, but it wasn't that for me. There were some short segments where I matched my steps with what they were doing and that was kind of fun, but it seemed like I had to keep choosing a new short activity. I kept starting an activity and then it was over before it even really got started and I had to stop and choose the next activity. It did not give me the "workout" I need to lose weight. It was fun and interesting for a few minutes, but I don't have time for that. I need some serious cardio! I need to burn calories and get on with my life LOL!! This was more "entertainment" for me - not a workout. I only tried those 2 games though - I can't comment on anything else.

I'm glad I have my wii - we have fun with the other games when we have time to play them. I just wouldn't use it to get my workout time in (just my opinion!).

(just expanding on my earlier reply to give more info - I realize I didn't explain myself very well before)
  • Life_is_Good
    Thanks everyone... I think you just saved me like 300 bucks :)
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    I love my Wii. I have the Wii fit plus and some of the Biggest Loser games which actually have really great workouts on them. I want the Zumba game for Wii as well. My kids and I love to use the Wii to challenge each other to different activities on there. This keeps all of us active and we get to spend time together while being active. This is great for those cold nights stuck indoors.
  • CJ1972
    CJ1972 Posts: 1 Member
    I enjoy working out with the Wii Fit. The exercises start out kind of easy and they increase each day and well, I enjoy the Wii for games as well as working out. There are several programs for the Wii to workout with...Wii Cardio, Wii Fit...etc....
This discussion has been closed.