Hunger pangs! Help!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm a 20 yo female, I'm 5'7 and weigh 160lbs. I hope to get to around 135-140. I've been restricting calories for abt 4 weeks now. I started with 1200 cals/day but decided to up my calories to 1350 cals 1-2 weeks ago. I usually end up eating around 1500 cals. Anyway, I stooped doing cardio and started the 30 day shred 2 weeks ago and ever since I started I've been starving allllllllll the time! Before, when I was only doing cardio, I found my calorie limit easy to reach and maintain since I was eating healthy foods. Now, regardless of what I eat or how much I eat, I go to bed hungry! I'm not sure if this is due to a lack of protein (I was a vegetarian up until yesterday- now I'm starting to slowly add meat to my diet) or if this is even normal! I'm really worried about upping my calorie intake bc I've gained a few pounds in the past week after going over my daily limit for a few days...Can anyone who has experienced this share their experience and how they dealt with an increase in appetite?

I'd appreciate anybody's input! Thanks!!!

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I have never ever felt a hunger pang .... I have no idea.
  • yassy124
    yassy124 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lol I didn't mean it literally.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    you're fairly tall with relatively little weight to lose. eat more.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Your weight gain is likely due to the exercise you're doing...as muscles get worked, they retain water as they heal into new, stronger muscle fibres. I would ignore the weight gain you've seen, calculate your TDEE carefully using scooby or one of the others, and set your weight loss goal from that.

My strongest suggestion to everyone is to get a high quality activity monitor device such as a fitbit that will make your calorie burn numbers more accurate each day. It has worked great for me.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I get these if I don't eat every three hours. I stopped fighting it and just plan for it. now. Believe me it has helped out a lot. It helps me to not feel so deprived