Hitting my macros

Hi guys. I'm 18 live in Australia and I'm having a bit of difficulty I'm in a deficit atm trying to hit 1800 cals 100c/45f/250 protein

As im a student I can't afford a big shop, i finished my mts whey the other week and dont have the funds atm to buy more. My main problem is hitting the protein, i have chicken 2 times a day breakfast and lunch around 200g each but that doesn't get anywhere near my mark, I'll be stocking up on alot of tuna, any suggestions? should i lower protein and up my carbs abit? And another question I seem to be hitting my carbs much more easier then my fats, I'm kind of new to MFP and "flexible dieitng" so what do you guys suggest i do if i've still got 30g of fats to hit with only 6g of carbs left (which was my dilemma yesterday)

thanks

Replies

• impossibleBadWolf
    impossibleBadWolf Posts: 25 Member
    Have you tried cottage cheese? Or maybe eggs? Both relatively cheap. Or peanut butter? All can easily be slipped into snacks and meals. Good luck, wish I could be more help but I'm new to this myself
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    peanut butter

Peanut Butter can up your fat quantity by a lot.
    Buy in Bulk
    Protein powder may seem expensive, however, if it is just you; it lasts.

Cook your meat with oil for fat (that tends to help).
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    250 gr of protein seems to be an awful lot of protein.... Unless obviously you are 280 lbs or more....
    If you trying to loose weight place your protein between LBW and current weight - don't need more than that. Rest of the calories are carbs and fats... 1.1 / 1.2 is an adequate amount of carbs but yet again, depends on how the carbs / fat ratio affect your performance. Trial and error till you find your carbs / fat mix - protein definitely seems an awful lot!
  • Usually I try to avoid carbs like the plague since its REALLY REALLY easy to get carbs for very cheap. If you're under carbs, just munch on some crackers!

I suggest Tofu! Tofu is really cheap, and if you marinade it, its VERY delicious! it also helps to squeeze out any moisture. Wrap tofu in a towel, put a few textbooks on top, and come back in a few minutes. Alton Brown has a very good tofu prep method.

Try extra firm tofu + worcestershire sauce + soy sauce + lime/lemon juice marinade. You can add any fresh herbs or whatever to it. I had burrito bowls with pan fried tofu with the above marinade + cilantro peppers and onions. Tofu's a very lean protein. BUT if you're sensitive to estrogen, then be careful! Also, if you're low on fat, try FRIED TOFU, yummmm.

If you can't stand the taste even post marinade, use silken tofu in place of milks in shakes, or experiment with silken tofu salad dressings!
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    lets see.............carbs too low..............fats too low......................protein too high...................you better start over
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Your ratio and approach sounds like one an 18 year old kid would come up with, oh wait..