How do you reward yourself + stay focused?

Options

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Oh! When I get to my ideal weight (determined by me), I am getting my 2nd tattoo. I need more definition in my shoulders to get it. I even drew my own.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    For 25 lbs I got my belly button repierced (technically just put it back in since it was still open from before)
    I have one goal planned as a tattoo and of course the summer goal will be a nice bikini!
  • GiGi1105
    Options
    My goal wasroughly 50 pounds.... at 20ish i wanted to buy something that would help me with my weight loss goals.. I did. it was a George Forman grill! What a great investment!

The next goal will be workout gear!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with things like new undies and bras... Its never with less working out or foods.
  • tbernard
    tbernard Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Rewards.. Specific rewards for me are things like clothing and gadgets... But to be frank...When I get up out of bed and feel light on my feet.. When I run without getting tired.. When I put on a suit and it looks good.. When I whisk up the stairs like its nothing...

That's all the reward that I need... Just being able to look in the mirror and appreciate the guy looking back at me is reward enough..

Deserts and treats should be occasional things we eat regardless... but they should never be used as rewards for good behavior... For us... or for our children...
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    my rewards are new clothing in a smaller size, or starting a new physical activity that I couldn't have done before like getting into kayaking or back into skiing this winter. Never with food.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    my rewards have been a piercing and I plan a tattoo, or rather I planned a tattoo for my two stone and I am over three now and not got it yet, but I am going to have it, so that is my reward. Also when I look in the mirror and when I get the positive reaction that I am starting to get from people, that is my reward. It feels fabulous to be able to go into a shop and pick up clothes I like and have them look good on me again!! YAY
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I believe the greatest reward is the health benefits. I have 80 pounds to lose. "Charmed" has 8 seasons (I love charmed). For every 10 pounds lost, I buy 1 season of "Charmed" for my DVD collection. For focus, I have a new dress that I want to be able to fit into. I keep it hanging in a place where I see it everyday. I have a friend that had 10 pounds of fat in her freezer to reminder her what she was losing off her body every time she was down 10. 1 pound is 4 sticks of butter---remember that each time you lose your focus and it will bring you back. Good Luck!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I didn't set mini-goals for myself, but I'm absolutely thrilled with fitting into a small sweater dress.... It's not too snug, it's just perfect, and I feel pretty darned good about it. I don't think it would be so exciting if I'd set it as a goal for myself...and I'm fairly close to my goal weight (though I've got some fitness goals to work toward, still!)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Whenever I meet one of my mini-goals, I love buying myself sneakers in cool colors. It motivates me to go back to the gym because I love seeing them on my feet while I work out. Sometimes I'll reward myself with new workout clothes or materials (like DVDs, fitness products - bands, weights, etc). It makes me want to work out and use them. I try not to reward myself with food, but save that for special occasions, like holidays, birthdays, etc.

Shannon
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I will buy clothes but I will do it online and send it to myself like a present with a note about how great I am doing. It gives me that special feeling to be able to open something up and see a note like "Wow 50lbs down do you believe it!"
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with new workout clothes, jeans, shoes (which I just bought some awesome boots!!!), shirts and my favourite reward I give myself is a pedi and get my nails done!!! Oh and to stay focused I have motivation sayings on my mirror and my goals as well!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    So far, I have rewarded myself with things to make accomplishing my other goals easier. ie, gym membership, shoes, etc
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    food related items are ok though..like a scale
    i also think expensive but low calorie foods are also ok..like a new set of spices
    but i think you should reward your self with things that will help you, a scale helps measure out proper portions,spices make food taste better with out calories,mani's,pedi's,waxing,hair cuts,facials,body scrubs,ect... make you look better and feel better about your self (and that makes you more likely to go out in public..like the gym) new gym cloths can make working out easier and more fashionable (and you have to go show off your new cloths at the gym :))
  • scmajm22
    scmajm22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My goal wasroughly 50 pounds.... at 20ish i wanted to buy something that would help me with my weight loss goals.. I did. it was a George Forman grill! What a great investment!

The next goal will be workout gear!

George Foreman grill...what a great reward. I am totally going to do that. 8 lbs to go!!!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I just did this. I was on track and excited and losing the lb because I had a reward in mind. Then, I totally lost interest in that reward, so I allowed myself to fall off the wagon for a good week and a half.

It's hard for me to make a goal such as buy a new bikini for July, because it's so far away, and I'll never be able to motivate myself for something that far in advance! So, I made 3 mini goals, and when each one is reached, I'm going to to something small for myself. Goal 1 will be a pound of coffee beans. I'll determine the rest as I go along LOL.

I found a new way to stay focused with drinking water and eating properly. Now that the cold weather is here, my skin gets so dry and dull. I'm drinking lots of water to keep my skin hydrated during the winter. I feel more focused and happy when I eat properly, otherwise I'm not feeling that great.

But yeah, as far as rewards, I determined I will be completely out of coffee in two weeks, therefore I need to stick to this so I can reward myself with more....and I need my morning coffee :)

L.
  • Happy__Feet
    Options
    I just did this. I was on track and excited and losing the lb because I had a reward in mind. Then, I totally lost interest in that reward, so I allowed myself to fall off the wagon for a good week and a half.

It's hard for me to make a goal such as buy a new bikini for July, because it's so far away, and I'll never be able to motivate myself for something that far in advance! So, I made 3 mini goals, and when each one is reached, I'm going to to something small for myself. Goal 1 will be a pound of coffee beans. I'll determine the rest as I go along LOL.

I found a new way to stay focused with drinking water and eating properly. Now that the cold weather is here, my skin gets so dry and dull. I'm drinking lots of water to keep my skin hydrated during the winter. I feel more focused and happy when I eat properly, otherwise I'm not feeling that great.

But yeah, as far as rewards, I determined I will be completely out of coffee in two weeks, therefore I need to stick to this so I can reward myself with more....and I need my morning coffee :)

L.
    This is a great idea! I love coffee and tea!!! I am so going to set this as one of my rewards! Thanks for sharing!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with my favorites (clothing)....anything, but food. I feel I shouldn't treat myself with food because that is what got me here in the first place. I don't deprive myself either...I still eat things I like, but in moderation. The biggest reward for me has been my energy and getting rid of a whole closet full of size 12 clothes!!! Best wishes to you in your journey!!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Shoes, handbags, new underwear and gym clothes

Its never with food
  • jmaskx3
    Options
    I find something that I am addicted to and treat myself.

Make up, sexy undies, a new piercing or two...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!