i think im getting it right this time

Hi there, i just joined on the site today. Actually i just did a lot of new things today. I've decided this is "the first day of the rest of my life" And i want my life to be mine, not my weight's. Ive got a long way to go...200 lbs. But i am confidenet i can do it. I have a realistic and aggressive Doctor, a perky and up beat therapist, a husband that loves to see me happy, and the wide wonderful world of Curves (which i also just joined). There are not any dieting groups in my small town, but im seriously thinking i could help start one. Sort of a sharing circle kind of idea. I am always looking for new sites with information, online, and that is how i ended up here. There is a lot of good stuff out there, and in here, it is very motivational...exactly what i need. It can be far to easy to let things slide when there is noone to know the difference. Anyway, for those that might already belong to Curves...i asked the gal there about the caloric value of the 30 minute program...and entered it into the database...i think...i hope, lol...let me know. Great big hugs to all who have made it this far...and let me give you a kick start if you need. I know i will be asking for a few from you guys.

Replies

• tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    Hi there, i just joined on the site today. Actually i just did a lot of new things today. I've decided this is "the first day of the rest of my life" And i want my life to be mine, not my weight's. Ive got a long way to go...200 lbs. But i am confidenet i can do it. I have a realistic and aggressive Doctor, a perky and up beat therapist, a husband that loves to see me happy, and the wide wonderful world of Curves (which i also just joined). There are not any dieting groups in my small town, but im seriously thinking i could help start one. Sort of a sharing circle kind of idea. I am always looking for new sites with information, online, and that is how i ended up here. There is a lot of good stuff out there, and in here, it is very motivational...exactly what i need. It can be far to easy to let things slide when there is noone to know the difference. Anyway, for those that might already belong to Curves...i asked the gal there about the caloric value of the 30 minute program...and entered it into the database...i think...i hope, lol...let me know. Great big hugs to all who have made it this far...and let me give you a kick start if you need. I know i will be asking for a few from you guys.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    You're in the right place & we're glad you're here!

Can't wait to share the challenge!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Warmest welcome to you tdroseler!

I think you've come to the right place. I have a feeling that, with a little elbow greese (metaphorically speaking of course.... greese is most likely high is calories :D), you will do Great!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Welcome to the club! You will love it here:)

Good Luck!
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Welcome! You sound like you have such a positive attitude, very inspirational! Don't lose that if you get discouraged, we can all do this together!
    Best of luck to you!
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Welcome, tdroseler. There are many of us here. I have lost about 31 pounds in 6 months. I found this place in September, I think. There are some of us who live here and that is good. We are full of support and advice for you and anyone who listen.
    Welcome
    nancy
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Welcome and I'm sure that you will do GREAT. This site is very motivating with lots of supportive people working towards the same goal. You'll fit right in.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,941 Member
    tdroseler, welcome!

Yep, we're all one big happy family. Without the fighting... ;-) It's easier to 'delete' than to edit the mouth!

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Cheryl