Craving French fries

Options
Hourglass25
Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
I really want French fries, I just refuse to walk down to mcdonalds. Does anyone have a healthier version of french fries?

Replies

• happy115
    Options
    sweet potatoes! oven 425, cut like fries. Sprinkle w/ paprika, basil, garlic salt... pop in oven for 10-15 min, flip, then another 10-15.... I add chili pepper for spice as well. don't forget to lightly spray the baking sheet.

my coworker does the same with brussel sprouts - she says it'll look burnt, but taste nice and crispy like fries.
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    brussel sprouts eh? I'll have to try that!

You can also use normal potatoes and if you broil them ( put them on a rack right underneath the elements ) they will crisp up nicely
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i love homemade sweet potato 'fries'. they definitely satisfy my starchy potato craving.
  • Hourglass25
    Options
    Thank you guys! Never thought about sweet potato
  • Hourglass25
    Options
    Just broiled a small potato cut up like french fries with some pepper and paprika.....uuummmm soo good!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes! oven 425, cut like fries. Sprinkle w/ paprika, basil, garlic salt... pop in oven for 10-15 min, flip, then another 10-15.... I add chili pepper for spice as well. don't forget to lightly spray the baking sheet.

my coworker does the same with brussel sprouts - she says it'll look burnt, but taste nice and crispy like fries.

Agreed!!! Sweet potatoes!!!! Even really yummy mashed.