Cold summer meals

Options
annette_15
annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
So I live in Norway, where most houses do not have AC. It just doesnt get hot enough that its necessity. Unfortunately, this summer has been out of the ordinary and most days are super warm and humid and hot foods just loses its appeal. What would you eat, especially for dinner that is good cold? I'm fine for breakfast and lunch which is usually salads, sandwiches, yogurts, fruit etc. Suppose I can do the same for dinner but just looking for some ideas/inspiration. GO!

Replies

• ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Annette, same here in Belgium, though they are predicting a cool-down again. We have a kind of heat that just sticks to you, and make you feel like doing nothing at all.

- I just love a cold platter: all sorts of assorted cold meats, smoked herring, salmon-bellevue, cold vegetables, and boiled potatoes, that have cooled down or potato salad. My grandma's version was to mix up vegetables like tomato, cucumber, canned corn, red bell peppers, with boiled potatoes that had cooled down, and pieces of cut up ham.
    - Tomatoes, filled with the grey north sea shrimps are also a typical summer dish here.
    - we also cook rice, let it cool down, and then add pieces of pineapple and tinned tuna. Stir. A nicely fresh dish.

But I still eat warm too, especially since I started my diet again, but none of the typical winter foods.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Salads all the way in the summer. Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, sweetcorn and grilled chicken is my favorite.
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    Frozen fruit, I also take Greek yogurt and spoon it into small blobs and freeze it and just eat a few blobs. Better than ice cream!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, keep em coming! Yeah yogurt covered frozen fruit is the bomb!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    best cold summer meal- taco salad

lettuce, tomatoes, corn chips, ground beef with taco seasoning, cheddar cheese and catalina salad dressing

i just got a massive craving for this typing it out. definitely making a batch this weekend
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cucumber Soup
    Gazpacho
    Panzanella
    Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
    Shrimp Caesar Salad
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Annette, same here in Belgium, though they are predicting a cool-down again. We have a kind of heat that just sticks to you, and make you feel like doing nothing at all.

- I just love a cold platter: all sorts of assorted cold meats, smoked herring, salmon-bellevue, cold vegetables, and boiled potatoes, that have cooled down or potato salad. My grandma's version was to mix up vegetables like tomato, cucumber, canned corn, red bell peppers, with boiled potatoes that had cooled down, and pieces of cut up ham.
    - Tomatoes, filled with the grey north sea shrimps are also a typical summer dish here.
    - we also cook rice, let it cool down, and then add pieces of pineapple and tinned tuna. Stir. A nicely fresh dish.

But I still eat warm too, especially since I started my diet again, but none of the typical winter foods.

BRB moving to Belgium.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @ weight lifting:

what does BRB mean? It's Friday night, and my brain refuses to even guess :)