Barefoot Zumba!!

Options
2»

Replies

• FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was using my Vibram 5 finger shoes for zumba which worked great, until the gym I go to changed the floor and now the surface isn't as slick. The vibrims stick a little too much now.

Because I work out and go hiking all the time in my Vibrams, when I tried the Ryka Studio D shoes they killed the arch of my foot. They were too stiff. I had to send them back. I had good luck with the Bloch dance shoes but after wearing them for a month (3x/week) they stretched out so much that my foot slides inside the shoe (not fun). ---> anyone need a pair of shoes???

So I gave up and started dancing barefoot. Since I'm used to using the vibrams, my body is already used to jumping and landing softly and my arches, ankles and knees are pretty strong already. The only problem I have dancing barefoot is the friction on the balls of my feet is annoying. If you decide to dance barefoot...do it a little at a time (or go easy on yourself for the first few classes)

I've heard of folks putting duct tape on their shoes, so I'm going to try that on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So, I put duct tape on the bottom of my Vibram shoes and it worked pretty well for Zumba. Yay! So if you have some shoes you like, and they don't slide quite enough, try a little duct tape on the bottom of your shoe (across the ball of your foot).
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    So, I put duct tape on the bottom of my Vibram shoes and it worked pretty well for Zumba. Yay! So if you have some shoes you like, and they don't slide quite enough, try a little duct tape on the bottom of your shoe (across the ball of your foot).
    Cool tip! I have to try it with my vibram shoes for my hip hop class. I can't spin so well on Vibram.
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at home and i LOVE it! Make sure you stretch after! I was doing the 20 min. express workout without adding any stretches...was in soooooooo much pain...but the stretches on the 45 min. workout i have is def enough so I haven't had that issue since. Also...i go barefoot when I do it. I would try it with shoes and barefoot to see which you like better.

Hope you have an awesome workout! ZUMBA! :)