who else is...

Options
2»

Replies

• shaggy22
    Options
    I am in the UK so do not have Thanksgiving, but when I have dinner parties or special dinners I am happy to go over my daily calories a bit and enjoy my food. I do log it though as I would rather have the information on how it affects me than to just fool myself. The denial of reality with food has been problematic for me in the past!
  • kargreen
    Options
    I'm not totally saying screw it - I am going to get up and do my shred video and hit the treadmill (making my food the night before so I have time to do this). However, I will eat my favorite Thanksgiving stuff - like turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberries and pie. I am just going to try to not over stuff myself to where I feel sick....

Good luck everyone!!!

(one day of eating bad will not hurt you... It's not like you will gain 10 pounds back if you eat Thanksgiving dinner)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone! I will be drinking water (I gave up soda) and I'm not going to worry about calories or logging - it will be too hard to log anyway - I'm not cooking. But I won't be stuffing myself - I don't enjoy that feeling anymore. I'm sticking with correct portions. The people doing the cooking are pretty big so I know their food won't be healthy (sausage stuffing anyone?) and there will probably be 3 or 4 different kinds of pies (I'm staying away from pecan pie!), all white breads, etc.

I'm going to have a very, very light breakfast. Probably just some fruit.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    I just want pie. Haha.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hmm... To each their own!

I'm not totally saying screw it, either. In the past I would have had more than one piece of pie and multiple servings of other things. Last year I had a one serving of everything and wasn't permanently damaged. One day doesn't matter.. just get a work out in the next day and all will be well.
  • shadysyrup313
    shadysyrup313 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stuff my face until I pass out :)
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    We are visiting family starting tomorrow so I plan on taking some brisk walks to help with my exercise and eat what I want in moderation. I do plan on logging everything I can though.
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP last week (great timing, right :)?). After a lot of on again/off again dieting, I'm trying to do it right this time. Because I'm still in the habit forming stage, I don't feel good about saying screw it completely. My strategy for Thursday is to go for the veggies, and small portions of my favorites. I'm going to weigh in and I'm going to log because I'm working on making that a daily habit. Now next year... :D
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    ...just saying "screw it" for Thanksgiving only? One day (well a few altogether) a year to forget all this calorie counting...

Am I alone? I mean, I am going to be conscious of food choices, but not so much on portions, and will still probably opt for water as a drink.

Water????? :noway:

{{shudder}} :sick:
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat what I want but smaller portions than I would have in the past. I've been on my weight loss journey for 3 years and I kind of used to the holidays - I don't like the feeling of overstuffing myself. I also don't deprive myself because I don't want to start raiding leftovers the next couple days because I feel Iike I've "missed" something. And as always, going exercise regardless - dragging my family kicking and screaming if I have to for a nice long walk while the bird cooks and then another in evening after pie!