Versaclimber

Options
Has anyone every used one of these? I just got one on craigslist on the cheap and was wondering if it helps build muscle or if it's just a cardio machine. My recumbent bike can't be repaired (old circuit board/resistance isn't consistent)

I don't even know where I'm going to put it. I think it's too tall for my basement.

Replies

• kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    We use them as one of our stations during Fight Club. You don't have to just do the feet and hand motions all together, you can stand in front of them and do upper body (pulling up/pushing down with arms) with front grips or reverse grips to work different muscle sets; you can just do lower body by holding onto the side bars and doing the stair-climber aspect of it; or you can do the full body drills by combining the arm up/downs withthe stair climbing. I think it's great to use as a PART of your workouts, but I'd get bored with it very easily if it was the ONLY thing I'm working on.
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It's mainly cardio, but it is a full-body workout, and hits all the major muscle groups. You'll definitely build and tone some muscle.
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I got it squeezed in my basement and worked on it for about 15 mins before I had to sit for a few to cool off. It's pretty cool.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It's a cardio machine. Depending on your fitness level, you might experience some modest increases in strength as your adapt to the specific demands of the movement but, like all cardio, there is not enough resistance to build significant muscle mass or strength over the long term.

OTOH, it can be a great cardio machine and it's a great addition to a home workout room.