so frustrated - need to get back on track

Options
so i did an amazing job over the summer. i worked my *kitten* off and lost 9 lbs and was at my lowest weight in recent memory (147). then i came back to school only to have everything go off. i was still working out constantly, but somehow managed to gain everything i lost and then some. i barely drink anymore (i've probably been drunk three times this semester) so i know it's all what i'm eating. i haven't been logging my food but i'm still making pretty healthy decisions. i know i can lose the weight because i've done it before, but i don't know how to get back on track! today i could barely do my run - i was so upset that in spite of all my work i keep gaining weight - and i ended up going over to the side of the track and crying instead. i guess lately i've been feeling like i have so many more important things on my mind than losing weight, but i REALLY need to get back on here and start being accountable again. last year i had no problem maintaining my weight without really logging that much and i haven't really changed my eating habits that much; i just don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    so i did an amazing job over the summer. i worked my *kitten* off and lost 9 lbs and was at my lowest weight in recent memory (147). then i came back to school only to have everything go off. i was still working out constantly, but somehow managed to gain everything i lost and then some. i barely drink anymore (i've probably been drunk three times this semester) so i know it's all what i'm eating. i haven't been logging my food but i'm still making pretty healthy decisions. i know i can lose the weight because i've done it before, but i don't know how to get back on track! today i could barely do my run - i was so upset that in spite of all my work i keep gaining weight - and i ended up going over to the side of the track and crying instead. i guess lately i've been feeling like i have so many more important things on my mind than losing weight, but i REALLY need to get back on here and start being accountable again. last year i had no problem maintaining my weight without really logging that much and i haven't really changed my eating habits that much; i just don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I'm not positive on this but if you are eating a lot in a cafeteria that could have something to do with it. Cafeteria food isn't the most healthy food. I work on a big site with a cafeteria that gives nutritional info and the sodium content - even in their 'healthy'
    choices is terrible. Stress can hinder weight loss. Don't know if this is the reason but it's a start. Good luck and hang in there!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I agree, you sound stressed right out....i went to the gym in university to combat stress...also look into the holistic therapy students...they need someone to practice on, and everyone could use a good session of Reiki (i took psychology, emphasis on relaxation therapy lol)...stress causes you to gain weight, or hold onto the weight that's already there...you need to sweat it out...especially because you're a student...
  • shaggy22
    Options
    I can see that is really frustrating! Remember that at least you know you have the skills to lose the weight as you have done it before. I suggest that you start to log your food again. That will give you much more information to work with!
  • kargreen
    Options
    I did really well over the summer too and then started to gain it back (grrrhhhhh) so I got a picture out of myself at a weight I liked. I put it on my desk at work so whenever i go to eat junk I see it and think nope - not going to get there if I eat this...

I need to bring it home so I can look at it if I feel like I am too tired to work out too...
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Measure your portions, watch you sodium content, drink more water, make time for exercise and COME BACK TO MFP! We'll help you through it!

You've done it before, you can do it again! :flowerforyou:
  • cmsdives
    Options
    I'm going to guess you're pretty tech-savvy and that you have either an iPhone or Droid or something along those lines. If I'm right, use the mobile app to log your food and get back to keeping track. It's incredibly difficult to truly know how much you're eating if you don't log (trust me, hard lesson learned on that one!). I actually went out and got a new phone (Droid) a couple months ago because there isn't a Palm app and I really needed to get myself accountable by logging better....it's really helped a lot...so has being certain to get my water in (I continue to be amazed at what a HUGE difference that makes!).

Hang in there, no matter what you do. Like you said, you know you can loose the weight since you've done it before. I'm pulling for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you're eating food on campus, consider it to be prepared in the most fattening way possible. If you are at all able, try to make your own meals or prepare your own foods and bring them with you to class. The only thing I'd consider safe is the salad bar and lowfat dressing.:-)

Shannon