Losing baby bulge!

Options
Hi everyone.
I'm new to MFP. I joined because I thought it was finally time to face facts. Since having an emergency c-section 3 and a half years ago I never expected my tummy area to look the same again, so when I gained fat in this area I just shrugged it off as excess skin that hadn't been able to repair due to the surgery. Imagine my shock when the doctor recently told me 'it's just fat, you need to exercise'.
He was right too! It sure doesn't feel like skin. So I'm looking for friends and support along the way while I try to rid myself of this hang of flab I call a tummy! :laugh:

Replies

• accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm almost rid of most of my baby bulge...that i put on while my wife was pregnant...does that count? lol My wife dropped 30lbs in no time this year for the same reason. It can be done and you can do it! All it takes is awesome consistency
  • liz_walkerrr
    liz_walkerrr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    haha I love your introduction! I have 2 children, though I never had a C-Section. I still like to blame my flab on going through 2 pregnancies.. Except my youngest is turning 3 in August :) I'll add you!
  • Annalynch1989
    Annalynch1989 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    Accelera, that made me laugh! I think my partner did the same!
    Liz, I love to blame it on my pregnancy! I lost a lot of what I believed was excess weight a few months after having my son and as I said, the rest I believed was a result of the c-section. After being told it was fat, I went on google to prove mr-know-it-all-doctor wrong and to my dismay saw not just ladies who had birthed naturally but some who hadn't had babies at all had the same type of belly flab overhang that I have! It's pesky under skin fat so I've been having trouble getting rid!
    Also thanks for the add :happy: