Slow Ticker = Low Calories??

Options

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Oh, and thanks about the quote. I had so many great phrases from Peter, I had a tough time choosing. here are some other memorable quotes from Peter.

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is one of my absolute favorite Family Guy quotes:

Peter: I'll handle it, Lois. I read a book about this sort of thing once.
    Brian: Are you sure it was a BOOK? Are you sure it wasn't NOTHING?
    Peter: Oh yeah.

But these are good, too:

Peter: Well, I'm gettin' something really special too. And by special I don't mean special like that Kleinaman boy down the street. More special like... like Special K, the cereal. Hey, what do they do with the regular K? And for that matter, what ever happend to K. Ballard? You know, if you said mallard and you had a cold, it would sound like ballard.
    Brian: Do you listen to yourself when you talk?
    Peter: I drift in and out.

Peter: Are you gonna eat that stapler?
    TV Executive: You...can't eat a stapler.
    Peter: Wanna split it?

Peter: I'm getting an Audi!
    Brian: Peter, there's a "T." That says "audit."
    Peter: No, Brian, it's a foreign car, the "T" is silent. Sweet, I'm getting an Audi!

Yikes, thread hijack! :embarassed: :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Peter can hijack my thread any time! Keep 'em coming!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Oh, and thanks about the quote. I had so many great phrases from Peter, I had a tough time choosing. here are some other memorable quotes from Peter.

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is one of my absolute favorite Family Guy quotes:

Peter: I'll handle it, Lois. I read a book about this sort of thing once.
    Brian: Are you sure it was a BOOK? Are you sure it wasn't NOTHING?
    Peter: Oh yeah.

But these are good, too:

Peter: Well, I'm gettin' something really special too. And by special I don't mean special like that Kleinaman boy down the street. More special like... like Special K, the cereal. Hey, what do they do with the regular K? And for that matter, what ever happend to K. Ballard? You know, if you said mallard and you had a cold, it would sound like ballard.
    Brian: Do you listen to yourself when you talk?
    Peter: I drift in and out.

Peter: Are you gonna eat that stapler?
    TV Executive: You...can't eat a stapler.
    Peter: Wanna split it?

Peter: I'm getting an Audi!
    Brian: Peter, there's a "T." That says "audit."
    Peter: No, Brian, it's a foreign car, the "T" is silent. Sweet, I'm getting an Audi!

Yikes, thread hijack! :embarassed: :laugh:

So freakin funny!

Tom Tucker: A bit of breaking news. A local family is forced out of their home by ghosts. Who are they gonna call?
    Diane Simmons (sighs): Ghostbusters, Tom.
    Tom Tucker: No, Diane. Their insurance company. That's just stupid what you said.

Lawyer: Peter, Sarah has decided to press sexual harrasssment charges against you.
    Peter: Sarah...Is that the one we video taped taking a dump?

Chris: What do you do at a Young Republicans meeting?
    Alyssa: We help those who already have the means to help themselves. Also, we perpetuate the idea that Jesus chose America to destroy non-believers and brown people.
    Chris: I don't know why, but I feel safer already.

Peter: By the way Lois, I got a piercing over there. I'm not going to tell you where but I will give you a hint--it wasn't on my nose or my ear and it was one of my balls.

Stewie: Did you hear that Meg? Guys can marry other guys now. So...this is awkward, but I mean, if they can do that, that is pretty much it for you, isn't it? I mean you as well pack it in. Game over.

Stewie: How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? (voice getting higher pitched) Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? (voice returns to normal) No, no, you deserve some time off.

Stewie (to one of the prostitutes at Cleveland's house): So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway? (LOL)

Stewie (to Jeremy, the babysitter's boyfriend):
    Ha! I got your hat! Take that, hatless! Now go back to the quad and resume your hackey sac tourney! I'm not gonna lay down for some frat boy *kitten* with his damn Teva sandals and his Skoal Bandits and his Abercrombie and Fitch long sleeved, open stitched, crew neck Henley smoking his sticky buds out of a soda can while watching his favorite downloaded Simpsons episodes every night! Yes, we all love "Mr. Plow"! Oh, you've got the song memorized, do you? SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE! That is exactly the kind of idiot you see at Taco Bell at 1 in the morning! The guy who just whiffed his way down the bar skank ladder!

Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
    Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Meg: I just want to kill myself I'm gonna go upstairs and eat a whole bowl of peanuts.
    (Lois and Peter stare in silence)
    Meg: I'm allergic to peanuts.
    (Peter and Lois keep staring)
    Meg: You dont know anything about me. (runs upstairs)
    Peter: Who was that guy?

Peter (after Lois tells him he's childish): "If I'm a child that means you're a pedophile, and I'll be damned if i'm going stand here and take this from a pervert"

Haha, I'll stop now....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    honestly, I don't know how they do it week after week.

I think my favorite 2 lines of all time from family guy are

In order of importance: (ironically, from the same episode)

1) Lois: "Peter! You're like the idiot from Shine!"

and

2) the line from the Chumba Whumba's where they say

"What do you think of the one they call, God? Isn't his ab-scense slight-ly odd!
    Maybe he's forgoten you!"
    All sung to the Oompa Loompa song.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I love the Oompa Loompa song. :laugh:

Although my all-time favorite might be:

[after "Family Guy" returns to Fox with new episodes, after a few years off the air]
    Peter: Everybody, I got bad news. We've been canceled.
    Lois: Oh, no! Peter, how could they do that?
    Peter: Well, unfortunately, Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We've just got to accept the fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows, like "Dark Angel", "Titus", "Undeclared", "Action", "That '80s Show", "Wonder Falls", "Fastlane", "Andy Richter Controls the Universe", "Skin", "Girls Club", "Cracking Up", "The Pitts", "Firefly", "Get Real", "Freaky Links", "Wanda at Large", "Costello", "The Lone Gunmen", "A Minute with Stan Hooper", "Normal, Ohio", "Pasadena", "Harsh Realm", "Keen Eddie", "The Street", "American Embassy", "Cedric the Entertainer", "The Tick", "Louie", and "Greg the Bunny".
    Lois: Is there no hope?
    Peter: Well, I suppose if ALL those shows go down the tubes, we might have a shot.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    I love the Oompa Loompa song. :laugh:

Although my all-time favorite might be:

[after "Family Guy" returns to Fox with new episodes, after a few years off the air]
    Peter: Everybody, I got bad news. We've been canceled.
    Lois: Oh, no! Peter, how could they do that?
    Peter: Well, unfortunately, Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We've just got to accept the fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows, like "Dark Angel", "Titus", "Undeclared", "Action", "That '80s Show", "Wonder Falls", "Fastlane", "Andy Richter Controls the Universe", "Skin", "Girls Club", "Cracking Up", "The Pitts", "Firefly", "Get Real", "Freaky Links", "Wanda at Large", "Costello", "The Lone Gunmen", "A Minute with Stan Hooper", "Normal, Ohio", "Pasadena", "Harsh Realm", "Keen Eddie", "The Street", "American Embassy", "Cedric the Entertainer", "The Tick", "Louie", and "Greg the Bunny".
    Lois: Is there no hope?
    Peter: Well, I suppose if ALL those shows go down the tubes, we might have a shot.

Classic.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

(Love Deadliest Catch btw, you do great work!) :wink:
    [/quote]

Awwww thanks! Since I was the first girl to film on the boats, I'm definitely most proud of that show! But man oh man, it's nice to be home and sitting on my nice, stable, non-rocking sofa...
    [/quote]

oh lordy, Bear Gryllis, hottie hottie hottie, Mike Rowe, hottie! It Takes a Thief guys, hotties, hotties!
    me, jealous, jealous, jealous!!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    When I was a SWAT cop

wow! that's HOT!!!
    you are so impressive!!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    When I was a SWAT cop

wow! that's HOT!!!
    you are so impressive!!

:blushing:

Not really. I'm actually pretty lame by most standards. :ohwell:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    When I was a SWAT cop

wow! that's HOT!!!
    you are so impressive!!

He likes to flash the SWAT cop thing around to make the ladies swoon!!!! Is it working ladies??
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    When I was a SWAT cop

wow! that's HOT!!!
    you are so impressive!!

He likes to flash the SWAT cop thing around to make the ladies swoon!!!! Is it working ladies??

WELL I WAS!!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    :smooched: :bigsmile: :heart: :love:
    <swooning>
    yup, it's working!:laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    :smooched: :bigsmile: :heart: :love:
    <swooning>
    yup, it's working!:laugh:

Falling right into his trap!!!

Me?? I am staying strong!! SWAT cop, schmat cop!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Huh? Wha..? Did somebody say something? Sorry, I was swooooooning.

Mmmmm...
  • TamTastic
    Options

[/quote]

Mmmmm...
    [/quote]

Girls, you MUST stay strong! Repeat after me...SWAT COP SCHMAT COP!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Mmmmm...
    [/quote]

[/quote]

shhh!!! Quiet Tam, you are ruining all the swooning!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options

Mmmmm...

[/quote]

[/quote]

But, see........they don't quite understand the repercussions of your inflated head!!!! Want me to define "repercussions" for you Sarge? I know you have a hard time with big words. :laugh: :laugh:

*ducks and runs*
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Mmmmm...

[/quote]

But, see........they don't quite understand the repercussions of your inflated head!!!! Want me to define "repercussions" for you Sarge? I know you have a hard time with big words. :laugh: :laugh:

*ducks and runs*
    [/quote]

I have no need of your help!!!

Internetz google-fu ftw!!!

Main Entry: re·per·cus·sion
    Pronunciation: \ˌrē-pər-ˈkə-shən, ˌre-\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Latin repercussion-, repercussio, from repercutere to drive back, from re- + percutere to beat — more at percussion
    Date: 1536
    1: reflection, reverberation
    2 a: an action or effect given or exerted in return : a reciprocal action or effect b: a widespread, indirect, or unforeseen effect of an act, action, or event —usually used in plural
    — re·per·cus·sive \-ˈkə-siv\ adjective
  • TamTastic
    Options

Mmmmm...

*ducks and runs*
    [/quote]

Etymology: Latin repercussion-, repercussio, from repercutere to drive back, from re- + percutere to beat — more at percussion
    2 a: an action or effect given or exerted in return : a reciprocal action or effect b: a widespread, indirect, or unforeseen effect of an act, action, or event —usually used in plural
    [/quote]

So your brains aren't in your biceps??? Good to know!!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Mmmmm...

*ducks and runs*

[/quote]

So your brains aren't in your biceps??? Good to know!!
    [/quote]

Lord no! That would be....weird!