Snow Day!! How do you enjoy a day off?

WA_Teacher
WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
No school today due to snow and icy roads. I wonder if the students or the teachers are the happiest about this fact....teachers!!

I just came in from a 20 min walk. The streets that haven’t been driven on were so beautiful. Watching the kids playing in the snow and laughing was a wonderful site. However, I’m now frozen to the bone….:laugh:

The rest of my day will be spent in front of the fireplace finishing The Lost Hero and starting The Hunger Games. :happy:

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Its gonna be 86 here tomorrow, I cant even think about snow
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Bubble bath, a small glass of wine, and candles :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member

I'm in Lewisville and I just thought the same thing! :laugh: Sitting here with fans on and my balcony door open.
  • Snow day?? I'm still waiting for the end of the Hurricane season to draw to an end. I wish we had a snow day, but we'd probably die out here in Florida.
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    I'm in Utah and we're having our first Blizzard warning
  • Im in good ole Saskatchewan lol and the weather is -26 and lots of snow! It sucks!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member

I'm in Lewisville and I just thought the same thing! :laugh: Sitting here with fans on and my balcony door open.

You are literally right down the street :flowerforyou:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Please send the snow to the St Louis area!!! I want to play in it with my doggies.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Im in good ole Saskatchewan lol and the weather is -26 and lots of snow! It sucks!

I'm with you! It's damn cold in alberta too...but if we had a snow day every time it was cold, our kids would never go to school...so we bundle them up in snowpants and touques and ship them off to play in the snow banks lol...my truck barely started today, but that's no excuse to miss work...but if there was a snow day, my son would be playing xbox, and i'd be curled up on the couch reading "Pillars of the Earth" and drinking camomile tea...or doing laundry and washing the floor...i'm hoping that Saturday will be balls cold so we can practice baking cookies for Santa
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    It's dumping snow where I am too but unfortunately all I can do is sit at my desk at work, watch the snow come down and worry about getting home at 5. I think all businesses should be able to call snow days, not just schools. I think everyone else must have gone home too because our phone lines have rang about 12 times today.
  • WA_Teacher
    I am originally from Vicksburg, MS but have lived in WA for 14yrs. So I understand still enjoying the warm temps.

My brother still lives in Vicksburg and he called today saying he wanted to know if I was ok but it was really to harass me, yet again, about moving to the northwest, since it’s 80 degrees in Vicksburg.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Please send the snow to the St Louis area!!! I want to play in it with my doggies.

burr not yet!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    We homeschool. No snow days here. lol Unless its just to great and have to go out and play in it. :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    When I first moved to Washington state I was told it didn't get this cold here. I could have stayed back in the midwest. :tongue:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,641 Member
    Im in good ole Saskatchewan lol and the weather is -26 and lots of snow! It sucks!

I'm with you! It's damn cold in alberta too...but if we had a snow day every time it was cold, our kids would never go to school...so we bundle them up in snowpants and touques and ship them off to play in the snow banks lol...my truck barely started today, but that's no excuse to miss work...but if there was a snow day, my son would be playing xbox, and i'd be curled up on the couch reading "Pillars of the Earth" and drinking camomile tea...or doing laundry and washing the floor...i'm hoping that Saturday will be balls cold so we can practice baking cookies for Santa

It's darn cold here in BC too!!! Record cold in Vancouver!!! Never gets this cold here, LOL. Of course not as cold as our neighbours to the east, ha ha but cold enough for us west coasters!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    I'm a teacher too, so we really relish those snow days. Although, we have a makeup day policy, so I'd rather have a delay or early dismissal myself. Snow days are awesome... hot cocoa/coffee, curled up on the couch watching a little TV. One can play Wii Fit for a workout or dance around the living room after clearing out all of the snow. If you're VERY motivated, you can catch up on grading papers.*LOL*

I don't even want to think about snow though... I hate the cold.:-P We had a day in the 50s here in PA. Odd for November.

Shannon
  • WA_Teacher
    If you're VERY motivated, you can catch up on grading papers.*LOL*

I don't even want to think about snow though... I hate the cold.:-P We had a day in the 50s here in PA. Odd for November.

Shannon

This is odd for us also, normally we don't start getting this type of weather until late Dec.

I was NOT VERY motivated but I did enjoyed the day. :bigsmile: We will have to make this up also but I don't mind that. I live an hour from my school so I really didn't want to drive to Forks today.
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    i'm a university student up in bellingham... we still had classes!! and i have one more tomorrow morning, and then... driving down i5 to my parents for thanksgiving, which i am very scared to do :(
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Y'all can still send the snow my way!!!

St Louis, MO!! Good old Midwest............

I would rather see snow than this rain we are getting.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    GO Canada!!! It's snowing out in Victoria BC again today!

I want my West Coast winter back!!:noway:
This discussion has been closed.