Change in routine

Options
I need some suggestions.

I was recently promoted to a position that require me to work some evening hours during certain times of the year. I work for a college and I work with the annual fund and will be doing tele calling with students in the evenings during the year. 9 weeks in the Fall and 6 weeks in the Spring.

During this time my boss wants me to come in 3 hours late in the evening, so I'm not working 12 hour days. So, I would come in around 12 and and work through to 9pm. My normal hours are 8:30-5 with lunch. I enjoy dinner time b/c I know that I can make a well rounded, fresh, yummy meal. In this new scenario......I'm not sure how I'm not going to just totally mess up eating. I really want to still have fresh made yummy/healthy food without having to spend extra money to eat out everyday.

I would come in at 12 work through to 5, get a 45 min. break and then work through til 9pm. With my 5pm break I will probably have to go home and let my dog out b/c she will be on my normal schedule.

Basically, I'm getting an extra 12 hours a week. If I came in an hour late 4 days a weeks and then took Friday off, I could come out back to 40 hours a week and maybe not throw my eating schedule off completely.

Its going to be bad enough that I will have to be vigilant to not indulge in the snacks I provide for students (all junk food).

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Give the students a chance to surprise you. Instead of junk food, provide them apples and nuts.
    Can you pack a lunch for yourself during that 45 mins (plus taking care of the dog)?
  • brooklynfc
    brooklynfc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't think they will surprise me, lol. I can try.

Not really. I have a 20 min. drive each way. I might not even be able to make it back to let her out. We have a cafeteria on campus, but its buffet style. Plus more money out of my pocket.