Hello!

Options
I've been on here a couple of weeks now, and am pleased with how I am actually monitoring what I eat using MFP and how it affects my daily decisions. I also love the motivation from the MFP community!

I am 31, 5'7 and 155 lbs. I'd like to lose 15-20lbs! I've always been pretty active and used to exercise religiously but this past year I got off track. I moved to Chicago from San Francisco and started my own law practice. Different environment plus stress led to a 10 lb weight gain. Not so good! And my last year in San Francisco I drastically cut down my exercise when I hurt my back in an accident. That amounted to a 4-5 lb weight gain, as well. My clothes are tight and I'm not happy with my appearance. They are basically "vanity pounds", but I really want them to come off because I don't feel good physically or emotionally due to the extra weight.

I think I eat too much on a daily basis so I'm hoping that using the food log will help me keep my calories down. I'm supposed to have 1310 calories a day according to MFP to lose 1 lb per week and of course a few more if I exercise. Not only do I love food and truly enjoy eating good food, but I also seek out food for comfort. Need to learn to enjoy food in moderation and to stop turning to food for comfort...

Wish me luck!

Replies

• bhonniered
    Options
    Welcome! Make lots of friends - it is amazing how much it helps to have that support system. Feel free to send me a request :happy:
  • Nataly05
    Nataly05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Hope you get back on track. I enjoyed food so much too. I could never eat anything that tastes (okay), it has to really taste good, hate eating in the car, always love to have my dish looking pretty, lol. I still do this, but in a smater way.

I am sure with MFP you will have more control over your calorie intake, you will also be more educated about foods and what every bite has worth of calories, carbs...

It is a choice and you will be really pleased when you make good choices and see great results. It really feels so good to get rid of these extra pounds.

I am 27, was about 123pounds, got married, work long ours, stress of having our own business maybe that too. No kids yet, and I have gained about 45pounds over the past 6 years. Got to 170pounds and now turning things around. 149 and going down.
  • _Sarah_
    Options
    Good Luck :D