Your turkey day workout

Options
edorice
edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
OK, now shopping early at Wal-mart doesn't count as a workout.

What are your workout plans on Thanksgiving day? i just completed a hybrid round of P90X and Insanity, so we will still do both this week.. But on turkey day I want to do levels two and three of the 30 Day Shred and also go jogging at the gym.

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 10k on Thanksgiving morning called The Turkey Trot. :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Depending how my knees feel, I will either do a 6.5 mile interval walk/run on the Bayshore (good for around 750 calories) or hit the gym machines for an hour (good for between 500-600). I love to spin and there's an awesome body sculpt class but the class times don't work for me on Thanksgiving with having to do that cooking thing.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    P90X: One on One Yoga. Just got the dvd a few days ago and ready to give it a try
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I am doing Kempo in the Morning and Turkey in the Afternoon!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do a turkey trot but it was too far away, so I might just go for a morning run
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to run a 5k, but with snow and freezing rain in the forecast, my backup plan in ChaLean Extreme and a 5k on the treadmill!
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    My parents, sister and I always go for a run on Thanksgiving Day. It was a long walk when we were kids, but for the past 5 years it's turned into a family 5K.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Shakelogy 30 for me!
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My husband and I will be hitting the Turbo Kick class that Chalene Johnson is teaching at our gym that morning :smile:
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Insanity Core Cardio & Recovery! Max workouts start on Sunday!
  • FelipaJ
    Options

:laugh: Have you been to a Walmart? :laugh:
    We get ppl running, climbing fighting, pushing shoving, crawling, jumping....hmmmm, guess I should wear my HRM :bigsmile:
  • edorice
    Options

We get ppl running, climbing fighting, pushing shoving, crawling, jumping....hmmmm, guess I should wear my HRM :bigsmile:

Hahaha, I can imagine that it's good for a decent calorie burn of maybe 150 calories.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Congrats on completing the Hybrid well on my insanity schedule that is my recovery day and I definitely know I need to do more than recover so I will be going for a walk that morning and doing the 30 day shred level 1
  • marisamorris
    Options
    Go to active.com and you can do a virtual turkey trot. You map your 3.1 ml course, run it , post your time, you can even post pictures, they give you a race bib to print from computer, and you even get a t-shirt!
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Yoga X or Max Recovery is up for me on Thursday.. depending on how many calories I burn I may also get on the elliptical. I want to try and hit at least a 400 calorie burn that day just to be sure. Thankfully I really only eat turkey mashed potatoes and corn.. some other things I just do not like lol but we will see!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    same as everyday for me. Turbo Fire and Insanity!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I will do my 35min of toning videos before my shower in the morning and then we'll play DDR and wii fit all together during the evening, we always get lot's of laughs and have tons of fun playing both of those!
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    I will do walk/run incline intervals for at least an hour in the am. YAY! So happy that others will be burning up with me that day! :-)
  • edorice
    Options
    Go to active.com and you can do a virtual turkey trot. You map your 3.1 ml course, run it , post your time, you can even post pictures, they give you a race bib to print from computer, and you even get a t-shirt!

That's cool information there!!!
  • FelipaJ
    Options

Hahaha, I can imagine that it's good for a decent calorie burn of maybe 150 calories.

Seriously, I'll be doing some kettle bell work and/or balance training and then meeting some friends up at the track with the kids for interval walk/run.