Any Teachers (any level & especially online) in the House?

Options
123457»

Replies

• louie61403
    louie61403 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a special education teacher. I work with students with severe behaviors and autism. :smile:
    I'm likely starting a M.Ed. program with an emphasis in educational technology, so maybe one day I'll teach online.

Nice to see so many teachers on here!

Hello! I teach students with severe communication delays with behaviors who are mostly children with autism. It's not an official autism program but could be :-) My students range from 3-6 years old.

Anyway, like I said, I am a special ed teacher in MD and have been trying so hard to get focused on my fitness goals before the new school year begins. I have two weeks left :-(
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hello! I teach students with severe communication delays with behaviors who are mostly children with autism. It's not an official autism program but could be :-) My students range from 3-6 years old.

Anyway, like I said, I am a special ed teacher in MD and have been trying so hard to get focused on my fitness goals before the new school year begins. I have two weeks left :-(
    Louie;

Teachers (most of them) are by definition "special" - Special Ed Teachers a special breed of special, in the words of today's kids - "DaBomb!"

After 40 years in the classroom the number of "miracles" we've witnessed that they've performed, just with our "kiddos" - is too numerous to count and perhaps the "best" memory of all.

You, your "goals", and struggles achieving them are, of course, important - but never lose sight of that look in their eyes when they look up at you and you recognize that they "git it" and that they know that you are the reason they did.

Never lose sight of the fact either, that your peers not only appreciate all that you do for "their" kids, but also envy your ability to do so (even if it's not stated often enough).
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Paraeducator in a Deaf program, working towards getting my BA in elementary education. :)
  • Kevertje
    Kevertje Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    English language teacher here. Teaching 12-15 yr olds. I find that I often feel too tired for a workout when I get home. Especially running seems hard when I've been on my feet all day. Any tips?
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    primary school teacher here in Ireland, currently subbing after finishing a masters degree in Education.
  • nerdgasmm
    nerdgasmm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm not a teacher yet, but I'm in school for Elementary Ed, minor in Psych.
  • ivanzlatni
    ivanzlatni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am university professor, University of Belgrade, Serbia. Thermodynamics and Applied thermal engineering, IC engines. Any colleagues there? ;)
    My favorite sports: Football (European), Cycling, Swimming and Skiing. My hobbies: Music
    Follow me on Instagram and Twiter - my nick is "ivanzlatni".
    I use SportsTracker on Android smart phone, my nick is also "ivanzlatni".
    Kind regards and best wishes from Belgrade, Serbia.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm a 10 year English teacher and looking to start another career after this year.
  • lauraschulkind600
    Options
    I'm a GT third grade teacher, and working to lose another 27 pounds. The pace of my day and school is so fast, which makes it difficult to eat well. So far, I've been able to pack a good salad for lunch each day. I avoid the teacher's lounge at all costs.

There's also a lot of stress in my district right now. I'm looking to switch districts next year, which doesn't make it any easier.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I am a professor at a university in the US. Teach all levels of physics... :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a middle school special education teacher that teaches Reading and English.

And I a middle school English/Reading teacher who works with a number of special education students. Also at-risk education.
  • peter_rotten
    peter_rotten Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a 10 year English teacher and looking to start another career after this year.

Noooo!!! Don't give up the dream! Why are leaving teaching?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    University professor here.

I was a K-12 teacher, then went back for the Ph.D. and have been teaching university for 14 years now.
    Have my first online course (hybrid) this summer.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a secondary school languages teacher in England, although I'm currently on maternity leave.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    University professor here.

I was a K-12 teacher, then went back for the Ph.D. and have been teaching university for 14 years now.
    Have my first online course (hybrid) this summer.
    What do you teach?