Starting Over (Health/Fitness/Self Improvement)

Options
I am making a fresh new start.

One of the things I struggle with is finding a consistent workout plan I will stick with. I found one, and am looking forward to lifting weights. It's something I did before, and really, I have no excuse now. I did a heavy weightlifting plan when I was working full time. I managed to prepare my meals, find time to workout, and have time to myself.

Everything has just been a big ball of mess for the last four years. I'm just really tired of fighting it all, and I'm kind of sitting in a holding pattern right now. I need more than anything to focus on myself, and my own well being. I need to really focus and think about every aspect of my life, what I can do to improve it (instead of complaining about it).

I just need to take a step back and think things over, and really decide what is best for me. I know without a doubt in my mind that starting a regular exercise program will do wonders.

L.

Replies

• SuperStar0110
    Options
    Good for you! Exercise they say will do wonders. it will also help you feel better and look better. :)
  • melnorwich
    melnorwich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it would suit you better to start off gently and set workout goals that you can easily reach and allowing the buzz of achieving that goal push you harder ......
  • weather_nerd
    Options
    Probably. I picked a beginner program, but will still be challenged enough by lifting heavy weights.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    this time is the first time I've been able to make it stick beyond the 3 week fad phase. On the days when I don't feel like doing it, I tell myself, just five minutes, I can do five minutes, right? And usually by the time five minutes is up I am ready for the rest of the workout. The other thing that really helped is to work out with other people at least once every two weeks. If they are expecting me to show up, then I feel like I'd better be ready. best wishes!