simple toning exersies needed!!!

Emmea2729
Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
i hate my arms. they wobble so much. they look fine when they are covered up, but once they're in the open i look 10 times bigger than i am.
i want to get them looking normal for summer so i can feel less self concious....

i'm in university, cant afford the gym or any equipment. the only thing i do have is one of them toning belts - and a cheap one at that.
so can anyone tell me some simple toning exercises for my upper arms, that does not require any weights or equipment...

same goes for my thighs too.. i really struggle with the backs and my inner leg....

for my stomach all i have is sit ups - my stomach isnt bad, but could be better!!!!!!!

any help would be fantastic!!!

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    30 day shred is $5-10 and 3lb weights are only 6 bucks, but you can start with cans. This is the best option. Otherwise you can do pushups tricep dips and/ortake a towel and hold tension between your arms and do biceps and triceps that way, then move on to squats, lunges, and supermans. But honestly, invest in 30 day shred.
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    again, im in uni, i dont have much time for long workouts, just short bursts i can fit in every so often through the day. all these assignments just take my time away
    that and i'd have nothing to play it on.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    I have same problem,mine seem to get smaller when I do weigts over my head and lift up and down, Sorry cant really descriibe. Do you know what I am talking about?
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    These are just a few great calisthenic exercises that you can do @ home and you don't need any equipment @ all!

Legs/bum: squats & lunges.
    Arms: pushups, dips.
    Abs: crunches (the slower the better), planks, cross-crunches, V-sits, side dips (push up on side on elbow or hand, dip hip to floor) etc.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    again, im in uni, i dont have much time for long workouts, just short bursts i can fit in every so often through the day. all these assignments just take my time away

Jillian's 30 day shred would be great for you! cost is $9 and its a 20 minute workout!!! and it kicks butt!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    push ups. Man size push ups!! That's all you need to tone your upper body and arms.

For Legs, do squats. Youtube the different types. Prison squats, one leg squats etc

But with these 2 exercises you pretty much have the whole body toned - for free!!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    push ups. Man size push ups!! That's all you need to tone your upper body and arms.

For Legs, do squats. Youtube the different types. Prison squats, one leg squats etc

But with these 2 exercises you pretty much have the whole body toned - for free!!

I'm new to the workout circle - what are man size push ups? :huh:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member

It's only 20 minutes...Don't you have a laptop or other computer? I mean you could use YouTube or design your own workout, but my concern for you is that you are already dismissing any time commitment. Speaking as someone who did college and med school, you can always take a half hour or so to workout daily, you just have to prioritize a little better
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member

I'm new to the workout circle - what are man size push ups? :huh:

Sorry, all I meant by man size, are male push ups.....lol

IE the type of push up you see men do on toes, straight back, not kneeling like most women do. Altho, kneeling push ups are a great way to start building strength if you've never done them before!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.