I'm that girl singing on the walking trails

Options
FindingAmy77
FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
lol.. I love walking and jogging and swimming as my daily exercises. Most people I see everyday just know by now I sing a lot and all the time. I cant help it. Walking gets me revved up and happy and the songs are blairing away in the headphones. I sometimes get someone telling me its so nice to see someone so happy or high fives from the other walkers and if I ever stop when I go by someone I get told "don't stop singing on my account" of course I have to take out my earphones to know what they are saying. (which I don't like)

Does anyone else do this? I know if you can sing you aren't working hard enough. Don't get me wrong I am out of breath doing it but its great for my lungs

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I'm the guy carrying fishing rods to go hit up the pond that's on the back of the trail...
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have been known to break out in song or do a fist pump while running... sometimes it catches me off guard because I am just so happy when I'm in the zone, and my tunes are blaring, and the weather is nice...

So yeah, I've done it. And make no mistake..I"m still doing a helluva workout. :-D

warning: the song that gets me to do that most often is Signature Move by P!nk. That's MY song. :-P
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I'm the guy carrying fishing rods to go hit up the pond that's on the back of the trail...

lol.. I pass a lot of these guys. its usually when I stop singing. :wink:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am the guy humming "Eye Of The Tiger" with a big straw hat because hot sun.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I do this all the time! When my children aren't around.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    :laugh:
    :laugh:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    When you run, most of your running is supposed to happen at a "conversational" or "easy" pace. I am a horrible singer, but I do it all the time. It's a good check of your effort.

P.S. You shouldn't be out of breath unless you're doing a speed workout. Slow down.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We are twins! I always listen to music when I exercise and sing away, on my walks I match my step to the rythym and just get lost in my own world. Lol people probablly think I'm crazy, but whatever!
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I sing too, but my running path isn't populated so nobody hears me... at least I think ;).
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    One time I was shaking my *kitten* on the walking track because I thought I was alone.

There was a couple about 30 feet behind me that I didn't see. :frown:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    One time I was shaking my *kitten* on the walking track because I thought I was alone.

As long as you were singing "I'm sexy and I know it" out loud... you're safe.

*wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle...yeah!*
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I MUST sing in the shower.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

As long as you were singing "I'm sexy and I know it" out loud... you're safe.

*wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle...yeah!*

I totally do that. There's also some Ricky Martin songs that cause my form to break down :)
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yup, I sing when I run, tap my feet when I lift and sometimes throw in a little air drumming between sets.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sing loud and proud. It lets us know you're coming.
    wCekvmi.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    prancercise-o.gif
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    prancercise-o.gif

just change that to... tank top sports bra and short shorts... no camel toe... nicer hair... and a bit less...um flare... And that's me. hahaha

ok. no. it's not.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm the girl in the gym listening to her iPod and trying to not sing along.... Don't want to scare people away :laugh: But when the blood starts pumping I just can't seem to help myself!