Is there an entire genre of music that you hate?

Options

Replies

• epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Fusion Jazz
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't really have an entire genre that I hate, except maybe heavy metal.

I like country music, but I really really dislike country music where they sing with very heavy southern accents. Just don't like the way it sounds.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Zydeco. Blech.

RDWPxeg.jpg

lol...I don't like many gifs but that is awesome.

As for Zydeco, I find it pleasant background noise when I'm at a Cajun/BBQ restaurant or picking up an item in the cheesy bohemian style mall store. Otherwise nah.

Same goes for 40's swing...great music for Christmas shopping for overpriced housewares. My ex husband played it at home 24/7 and I am sick of it forever...

I spent the first 35 years of my life in South Louisiana. I'd be thrown in jail if I didn't defend it. :laugh:

haha

Really though...if it's a hot Saturday in August and I am at a Cajun restaurant having a beer and some laughs, there is nothing like Zydeco music, I really enjoy it and it's just perfect.

Any other time it annoys me...well, because it's not a laid back Saturday at a Cajun restaurant with friends ;-)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    canadian music. ugh.

for example,

celine dion
    justin bieber
    nickleback
    rush
    robin thicke

:noway:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I will leave this here

h9dj1.jpg

Who likes Gangnam style? Other than grandmothers and my 7 year old daughter?
  • MonsterSugarBug
    Options
    Death Polka.

I almost blew water out my nose!!!! :laugh:
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yup... it pretty much consists of death metal and rap... I like music I can understand and even sing too.

This!!!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Country. Agree with the hatred toward Nickleback. And realized at last year's Oktoberfest that polka and Mexican music are essentially the same. Which leaves me conflicted. On one hand, my German, beer loving heritage thinks polka is way too much fun, but Mexican beer is essentially p!ss in a bottle and I am forced to listen to the music by the hard working folks building my new house.
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yup... it pretty much consists of death metal and rap... I like music I can understand and even sing too.

Same here.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Jazz-ugh. Hate it violently. Almost every other kind of music I can find a song or two that I like but no to jazz.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I can usually find an odd song I like out of any genre even the ones I'm not a big fan of, but hip hop happens to be the one I have to think really hard to recall something decent to me ears.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Added because I didn't see anyone say this yet: BLUES. I do not like the blues.

Whoa!!! Not even Stevie Ray Vaughn?? Who doesn't like Stevie Ray Vaughn?
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Country
    Rap
    Christian music.

I love the metal, death metal, and classic rock.

Oh and Justin Bieber needs to hit puberty, get ugly, and go away.
  • cursivepulse
    cursivepulse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Techno. Is techno still a thing?
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    canadian music. ugh.

for example,

celine dion
    justin bieber
    nickleback
    rush
    robin thicke

Yes, but Canada gave us Gordon Lightfoot, Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, almost all of The Band. Canadian music is great... just not that **** you listed.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Screaming death metal

Reggaeton (not to be confused with Reggae, which I LOVE)

Country

Most rap, except some old school rap like LL Cool J, Sir Mix-a-Lot, Sugarhill Gang, etc. That's great party music. :-)

Bluegrass/Old Time/Mountain Music with singing. Instrumental bluegrass is OK. (I love Nickel Creek!)

Any hip hop with the word "*kitten*" in it or other offensive lyrics. Mainstream hip hop that is played on the radio is OK (Usher, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, etc.)

Indian music

Anything with male falsetto singing (yodeling, most Hawaiian music). It grates on my nerves.

Fast Mexican music with accordions (not sure what this genre is called). It sounds like Polka with Spanish lyrics. Blech.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options

canadian music. ugh.

for example,

celine dion
    justin bieber
    nickleback
    rush
    robin thicke

Rush does NOT belong on this list!. They are in a completely different league and have 100 times the talent than all of those other artists combined!
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    possibly rap/pop...if we're talking modern pieces from the genre. if we're talking all pieces since the beginning of the genre, then....no...not so much.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Reggeaton makes me want to punch my own ear drums out.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    rap