Flabby Arms, thighs, and belly

Options
2»

Replies

• KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started at a gym when I was in the 10th grade years ago and just really enjoyed the weight machines. I fell off the band wagon and just started up once again over three years later at a gym. I had a free personal training session when I signed up and he said that weigh training the the most important technique to losing weight, followed by nutrition and then cardio. If you work out at the gym, there are probably many weight machines that you can try. I'm still mostly just using those while trying to learn more about free weights and all the other equipment in the weight room.

For the weight machines I usually do 3 sets of 10 reps each. To determine the weight - it's just trial and error. If you find a weight that by the end of the sets you feel like you can do more... then you need to up the weight. But if you can't even finish the sets then the weight is too heavy.

Just try the machines and focus on those and start doing lots of online research about lifting. There is a lot of knowledge out there and on MFP.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've yet to successfully fix the flabby skin on my thighs and stomach, but my arms have tightened up a lot since I've started strength training. I've actually built muscle on my arms, which is quite exciting as I've always had 'spaghetti arms'.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Here are some great bodyweight exercises to help develop your core strength and stability - http://www.startbodyweight.com/

I am also a fan of lifting heavy but you can start the majority of these exercises today and without a gym.

P.S. I also think that your age makes you very likely to not need surgery. Focus on nutrition and fitness for now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!