What tools to use

Options
Hi there! I am struggling with my weight loss journey and i am not wanting to spend money on things I wont use like I have in the past. I am considering getting a FitBit to track my activity and encourage activity. A couple of years ago I had to have a Wii Fit to do the same thing and it has been sitting in the basement, not being used. What do you all recommend to help moitvate me??
Thanks!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The most important tool I use is my food scale. I also have a FitBit which is motivating and gets me moving - but the food scale is what helps me lose the weight.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Dust off the Wii Fit and buy a food scale.
  • Browneyedb
    Options
    I wear my fitbit every single day, and I have for about a year now. I love it! I also do much better when I log my food, which I'm not very good at lately.
  • tjmiller83
    Options
    I use The Withings Pulse O2, Withings Body Analyzer, and three apps.

1. MyFitnessPal
    2. Withings Health Mate
    3. MapMyFitness

They all work with MFP just find.

#3 gives me substantially more options for exercise using a quality GPS tracking. The problem is you must have your phone.

#2Witching Health Mate (owned 3 months) has been worn excessively nearly 24x7 as it tracks sleep and activity levels between light and high then calculates your daily average between your MFP calories and burned calories.

This has worked to help me manage my weight loss.

I am down over 60 pounds since March by eating right (measuring and planning meals), drinking right (water, blavk coffee, black ice tea non sweetened) and most importantly exercising (both cardio and strength)

Good luck...this has worked for me to keep me motivated every day!!!

One day at a time. Make up for bad food choices with exercise. Let your food digest while moving around instead of sitting on the couch. Most importantly...avoid complex carbs (my favs: white rice, bread, sweets) makes the digestion process tough and doesn't allow you to build a solid metabolism. This is something I lacked.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Get it used for cheap from craigslist or something, or maybe even ask some of your family/friends if they have one sitting in a drawer somewhere? Perhaps you could also buy one and do a trial with the intent of returning it if you don't much like it. Walking doesn't seem terribly gimmicky to me, I would hope that if you got a fitbit you would use it :)

There's also a fitbit group on here, you probably should join it and read up on what having your fitbit might entail - more research prior to your purchase and all that!