MACRO? What is that?

Options
So I am constantly on here reading about tips and advice from successful people that have lost the weight. I keep seeing words with the word "macro" attached, such as "macronutrients, macro targets" etc. What is Macro, what does it mean? Also what are monounsaturated fats?I'm still new to this eating healthy lifestyle and stuff and I'm so confused...:huh:

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    "Macro" is short for "macronutrient." A macronutrient is just a type of nutrient. Fats, proteins and carbohydrates are macronutrients but vitamins and minerals are micronutrients. Macros allow your body to build and repair cells, provide energy and promote healthy hormone functoin. Micros essentially enable chemical reactions in the body that allow your body to function properly.
  • asdfthax
    asdfthax Posts: 12
    Options
    "Macro" is a prefix that basically refers to something large-scale. In this forum, people use it as a shorter word for macronutrients. Those would be Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins.

Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated fats are basically fats that are liquid at room temperature. Saturated are solid at room temperature.
  • kynsie2
    kynsie2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How do you set them on your own food diary
    And I can't find how to start a post even tho I did before. :(
    Thanks
  • patwojo
    patwojo Posts: 13
    Options
    bump
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    How do you set them on your own food diary
    And I can't find how to start a post even tho I did before. :(
    Thanks

Go to "My Home" and "Goals" in there you can adjust calories and macros.