Just got done with my first 10 miles...

kewkdb
kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm going to lay down and die now.

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    congrats on finishing 10 miles! did you walk? run? swim OMG? or bike? Sorry to hear about your impending demise lol!
    I just finished 2 hours of snow shoveling. Assuming I don't die when I lay down, I fear I will be unable to move tomorrow:tongue:
  • lol congrats
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    hozik: stretch! warm bath, tylenol. then tomorrow, een though you will be sore, you must get moving again. start slowly, stretching first, but get in a workout for sure. Otherwise that soreness will last for 3 days, when it doesn't have to.

(I lived in Tahoe, I know ALL ABOUT snow shoveling LOL)
  • hozik
    @ Lucky Leprechaun-thanks for the tips, - I actually feel pretty good right now, but I think I'll do some yoga tonight to stretch out any tight spots and then maybe a soak in a hot tub. Shoveling snow burns some major calories:happy: Tahoe is beautiful, enjoy the ski season!
  • kewkdb
    congrats on finishing 10 miles! did you walk? run? swim OMG? or bike? Sorry to hear about your impending demise lol!
    I just finished 2 hours of snow shoveling. Assuming I don't die when I lay down, I fear I will be unable to move tomorrow:tongue:

It was roughly 60min up hill, 60 min flat surface, and 60min downhill. All walking pretty fast. Not 5mph but close.
  • hozik
    Wow, man, that's one helluva walk! WTG!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    I wish I could be you. I am working towards that goal. Good for you, I know it is not easy.
  • kewkdb
    Last night I did 4.25 up hill and 4.25 down/flat running also. >_< Tomorrow I am going to do 4 and thats it lol.
This discussion has been closed.