Fitting in exercise on a tight schedule

Options
I've been stuck 3 weeks at 257.5, I tried eating more or using cheat meals (to see if it went up), or eating cleaner and the scale won't budge. I have been only dealing with the food part and doing some walking/dancing every now and then.

So, that means that actual exercise is needed to aid me.

I will break down my routine to give you an idea on how to fit it in:

Wake up at 4am 5 days a week, go in at work at 6am, 10 hours of work @ a call center (fixed times, strict, cannot carry in anything but food in see through container), then 1 hour at traffic, 4 hours of class @ uni, another hour stuck in traffic and then I'm so tired I just crash in bed.

I usually sleep 4-6 hours. It's taking a toll on me and I've gotten ill from stress or anxiety, I can't really leave work right now since the schedule is the only one that fits with Uni and my credit card was maxed up last year since I had a surgery on my hand.

To move a little I'm using my break and lunch to go up and down the 10 flights of stairs and walk around the floor, I don't use a car to go to uni so carpooling and public transportation is being used so I get to walk in and out of Uni.

I have 2 non-consecutive days off, so I guess most of the work needs to be done those days. Particularly fond of Zumba and I do it whenever I can (besides dancing)

Do you know any workouts that may help?

Please note: have not logged yesterday + today since I left the notepad where I write down the food I carry and is pre- weighed. :frown:

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want, you can also add in a short exercise routine before you go to bed if you have time. Programs like fitnessblender.com have 15 minute workouts. The best piece of advice though is having a food scale and prelogging calories. Makes it easy to stay on track.

Weight loss is all about diet... exercise is for fitness and health. Sometimes is best to handle the diet first and then move to exercise when you have more time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    I've gotten "non" exercisers to at least try the 7 minute workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    If you want, you can also add in a short exercise routine before you go to bed if you have time. Programs like fitnessblender.com have 15 minute workouts. The best piece of advice though is having a food scale and prelogging calories. Makes it easy to stay on track.

Weight loss is all about diet... exercise is for fitness and health. Sometimes is best to handle the diet first and then move to exercise when you have more time.

On the weight part I am usually ok, I don't really pre-log but I weigh several portions of different things and I combine them throughout my day. I have a small notepad where I then put them into the system.

My weakness is my preference of coca cola and distaste for plain water, so I'm making infusions and it is working so far.

ETA: Thank you for the link! I will certainly take a look :happy:
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've gotten "non" exercisers to at least try the 7 minute workout.

Is it on a website? Dvd to buy? book?

ETA: Sorry if it sounded blunt, I'd appreciate it if you can give a little more details about it, is it like insanity? Do you use equipment?
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    what about getting a bike and biking to work?