Zombies, Run!

Options
I just got back into doing Zombies, Run! (Had a Windows Phone and ZR quickly became unsupported, so I had to wait until I could afford an Android.)

Anyone else playing it? Would love to friend you!!!

If you're interested in trying to find a fun way to start running (They've got a 5K training program). Or if you're a runner who would like to gamify it, Zombies, Run is awesome!

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

ZR Name: Briggles

Replies

• bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies, Run! I need to pick it back up again. Never finished season 2. Season 1 was brilliant though. :)
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I used to use it regularly. Once I stopped listening to music while running, it became less enticing I guess.
  • bidimus
    Options
    Hmm Couldn't figure out how to friend you there. Feel free to friend me. Same user name as here.
  • Adefowler
    Adefowler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey, Bidimus! I found you. It wasn't intuitive at all. I had to go to Settings > Other services. You'd think "add friends". Hmmm...must've been designed by an ex-microsoftie. LOL! (That's where I work)
  • donaldshaw70
    Options
    Love it! I'm bang up to date with the missions - we are up to mission 38 of season 3 and I'm still really enjoying it. The humour contained in some of the episodes sometimes has me laughing my *kitten* off as I run along! I must look a sight!
  • theapphaniaa
    Options
    I've been wanting to try this app for a while, but the phone I have right now doesn't support it. :(
    I should be getting a new phone within the new few months though, so I'll definitely be trying it out!
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    I totally need to try this game. It sounds awesome. I've been struggling with running outside lately as I get much better distance on the treadmill, so this may be exactly what I'm looking for!
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wait - tell me about this app! I've never heard of it...
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i L O V E this app, but my life keeps coming up with excuses for me not to finish season one. when i first bought it two years ago, i tore some muscle in my foot that kept me from running for over a month. now i just got serious about restarting it and my phone is dead and refuses to charge. it's a cursed delight, that app.
  • bidimus
    Options
    Hey, Bidimus! I found you. It wasn't intuitive at all. I had to go to Settings > Other services. You'd think "add friends". Hmmm...must've been designed by an ex-microsoftie. LOL! (That's where I work)

Lol wow I'll say. I see what you mean. I just followed you back. It doesn't give any notification that someone is following either. Right now it says pending so I'm not sure if you'll get a notice or what.

:)
  • bidimus
    Options
    For the walkers. I noticed the same company that makes ZR also makes a walking game/app ironically called "The Walk". Other than being made by the same people and having gotten some good reviews I don't know much about it.
  • Adefowler
    Options

It's a gamification of running. You listen to a story and you're one of the characters - Runner 5. And you have to complete missions. You can even turn on Zombie chases where you have to run faster or you'll get caught. If you get caught, you drop items that you've been finding in your missions.

Then you go online and you work on your base - Abel Township. You fortify it, build it up, keep your residents happy. I'm on Season 1 Episode 4. There are even side missions and race missions.

Fun stuff!
  • bidimus
    Options

It's a gamification of running. You listen to a story and you're one of the characters - Runner 5. And you have to complete missions. You can even turn on Zombie chases where you have to run faster or you'll get caught. If you get caught, you drop items that you've been finding in your missions.

Then you go online and you work on your base - Abel Township. You fortify it, build it up, keep your residents happy. I'm on Season 1 Episode 4. There are even side missions and race missions.

Fun stuff!

And that really doesn't do it justice. It's got some of the best story telling I've heard in audio format in a long time. And since they know you'll be running at the time, they use that to their advantage to set the mood. Fortunately sweat is a great way to mask tears. I was so impressed with season one I bought the season pass for season two. FYI they're up to three now.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I've been running for a few months, but recently failed a fit test at the gym, so I signed up for the Zombies, Run! 5K. If anyone wants to be my friend on that game, I'm open! I was afraid Zombies, Run! would be too hard so I started with the easier one, first. :wink:
  • bidimus
    Options
    I've been running for a few months, but recently failed a fit test at the gym, so I signed up for the Zombies, Run! 5K. If anyone wants to be my friend on that game, I'm open! I was afraid Zombies, Run! would be too hard so I started with the easier one, first. :wink:

ZR 5k is awesome. I did it with my wife when she learned to run. Best beginner 5k plan I've seen yet. It works a little differently than the full ZR game but it will definitely put you in a position where ZR will be more fun if you're currently struggling and it will give you a good taste for how the app works. It's the same Zombie Link community so I'll try to send you a FR. :)
  • bidimus
    Options
    Khara2012 I couldn't find you by the same user name as here. Did you use the same name?
  • bidimus
    Options
    On a whim I check the MFP groups and found a ZR MFP group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6558-zombies-run-group

There is also a ZR 5k group too.
  • viktha
    viktha Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued by this. I am currently training for my first half and have been looking for something different to listen too. I had been thinking about audio books for my longer runs.
  • Adefowler
    Options
    I just bought "The Walk" for my non-running days. FUN!!! Now, I want to just get up and walk all the time to listen to what's coming next.
  • bidimus
    Options
    I just bought "The Walk" for my non-running days. FUN!!! Now, I want to just get up and walk all the time to listen to what's coming next.

Awesome. Is it as good as ZR?