bras to fit. ( one defiantly for the girls a bit gross) )

Options
13»

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    March into that store and complain. Loudly!! You want to return that bra immediately. You want a refund!!

Then find another store. Those people don't care.
  • sparklefrogz
    sparklefrogz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.......now just need to find a better shop, sadly the selection in the UK is horrendous.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/buying
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I will probably never get to wear a Victoria's Secret bra. I keep hearing how *awesome* they are but when I look for my size they tell me to put a smaller number in.

May as well say "Sorry, we don't cater to REALLY big ta-tas."

I bought some bras online at LaneBryant.com - and some sports bras on Amazon that had really high ratings. so annoying when they offer these cool, pretty colors, but THEY are only available in the "less ample" sizes - I'm stuck with black or white, lol....and jeez, my boobies aren't THAT big for crying out loud...

Anyway, I'm excited for my 4 new bras - $140 but hey, the girls are worth it. Can't wait for them to arrive.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have this problem it means I'm losing weight in the one place I've never lost weight. :grumble: That being said smaller band size larger cup size is the way to go or just a smaller size period. Remember the only difference in cup sizes once you starting getting multiple letters involved and the next cup up is distribution. And TRY THEM ON. Seriously bounce around in front of the fitting room mirror do jumping jacks or something for fit. You get a little cardio to get the blood flowing and see if they fit right.
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i used to have luck with lane bryant in the past, but i'm borderline on them now. i had been wearing 44DD and they were just... eh. i was measured there and they wanted me in a 42DDD - much better. but the problem is i want cleavage - and their push up/plunge bras are kind of annoying me recently. my girls are too wild to be properly contained in those bras, i guess. i learned a lot reading this thread and the links - might be time to go get measured again. the one thing i really like about lane bryant bras is that they have adorable ones - it's not all white, beige, black. they have prints and lace and cotton and satiny ones.. love it.
  • stepkiko
    stepkiko Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go to a store that only sells bras. Get measured there and I know it's a big hassle but try on EVERY style they have. Every style bra fits differently. You can go up or down in a cup or band size depending on design. I have big girls and have a hard time finding bras that I like. I literally spent two hours in the Soma store trying on bras in different styles and sizes only to walk out with nothing. It is the hardest thing I have to do - I would rather try on jeans or go to the dentist. Bottom line is go to a pro, get a good measurement and plan to spend a little time in the store.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits

After losing weight, I was wearing a 38D or 36DD

Turns out I'm actually a 34G in UK sizing (approx. 34 6D in US sizing)
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    By the sounds of it you need a tighter circumference and a bigger cup. You probably have lost weight on your back. A well fitting bra should never let your boobs slip out underneath!!

^ This right here. Smaller band, bigger cup.

Similar issue (who'da thunk it would be an issue for a small girl?!) Macy's doesn't charge for measuring and has a great "sale" selection... :flowerforyou:
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had bad problems. Went from a 44 g to now I am probably a 38 Dodd. I have trouble because I can't afford to pay so much for bras. Went to Ross and got some good ones. They are a tad small but better and cheaper than the lane Bryant ones I bought. Went to Dillard and bought some nice ones. $60=a piece and now they are too big. Go on line it tells you how to measure for bras. Easy and best WYoming is to just try different ones.
  • AshleyLeelette
    AshleyLeelette Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely suggest searching online for the right sports bra first a foremost. That way, on your "off-time" when not needing to be dressed to impress ;-) you can be comfortable, and it wont be causing the same kind of squeezing and spilling.
    I also agree with everyones same thought on you needing a smaller band, you should not be slipping out of your bras. Also, how far do you keep the shoulders of your straps? Are they still located where you had them before you lost weight, or have you adjusted them? I recently actually was having real new problems with my bras all of the sudden, turned out I need to shorten the strap a bit (I usually have my bras all the way let out...) then it was sitting right where it needed too. Including my boobs. haha, I got my last few at Lane Bryant, 44G, but things are losing weight in different spots, so now I'm all sorts of crazy keeping up with the random little changes.
  • Tora32
    Tora32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yep, agreeing with everyone else. I got fitted at Lane Bryant a while back (when I'd first put on the weight so I had no clue what I needed), and I had the opposite problem where she refused to believe I could be above a certain cup size (go figure, the cup size she gave me had a lot more bra options there than what I think I really was!). I'd suggest going to a place with qualified fitters; Nordstroms and Dillards are a couple good places and should both take walk-ins (I recently hit up Nordstrom for the same reason you did, and was very happy with my fitter), or look around for a good specialty bra store in your area.
  • MokieTheMuppet
    MokieTheMuppet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You need a smaller band if you're falling out the bottom. And a bigger cup if you're coming out the top. Go to Nordstrom's for a bra fitting; they are amazing. Seriously. The plus size stores sell crappy quality (but often very pretty) bras.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret's is over rated!! I lost weight and went there thinking I hit my goal and wanted to splurge on myself for once. I told the girl my size she had me try one on and agreed that it was the proper size. So then she grabs me a ton of bras! I found 2 that I liked. Well I thought I liked them unfortunately the longer I wore them the more I hated them. I was wearing Vanity Fair and Olga. They were supportive and kept everything front and center. The VS ones allow for side spillage. Also they dig into my back. They arent too tight at all its just the design of them. I will be taking them back. Sorry but for a $75.00 bra I should LOVE them. Went and bought a brand called Barely There for half the cost and when I put it on it gives me support on the side of my boobs and keeps them front and center where they should be. Everyone is different what feels good on one person may feel awful on another.