Just had a baby!!

Options
So, I just had a baby 2 weeks ago and now im ready to lose this baby weight plus some. Am I the only one out there? Any suggestions on how to lose the baby weight? :) Thanks!

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Has your doctor cleared you to work out so soon?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about weight loss just yet. Your body hasn't even healed completely from pregnancy and childbirth. Take care of yourself, your baby, and worry about the rest when your doctor clears you.

If you're breastfeeding, you will have to take that into consideration when you do start.
  • JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! but first wait untill your doctor clears you (6 weeks) your body needs to rest don't rush after the 6th week then start just watch what you eat for now
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Has your doctor cleared you to work out so soon?

this.

isn't it 6 weeks?? Please please don't hurt yourself.

Walking should be ok.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've never had a baby, so forgive me--but are you not supposed to wait at least six weeks? I love your motivation and enthusiasm. Just get the A-OK from the Dr.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    my baby is 6 weeks old, I started running again around the 4 week mark. Just do what you would normally do to lose weight, my goal is to tone back up rather than lose so I'm easing back into lifting again. If you're short on time google high intensity interval training you can find lots of free workouts that kick your butt in a short amount of time.
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cangrats! Babies are wonderful... I had my second last Nov. Time flies, so soak in as much as you can .

Focus on getting to know your baby and establishing your new life/routine with your new addition. Attempting to get sleep will be important to recovery and weight loss (later on).
    Having a new baby can be stressful, both good and not so good stress, so be sure to do the things that typically help you manage stress affectively. This will be important for weight management later on as well.
    Until you're cleared for activity (although mine cleared me immediately with the exception of ab focused workouts), drink lots of water and try to eat a clean and balanced diet ;)

Best wishes!
  • Kaylalarissax333
    Kaylalarissax333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah I guess its a little early but my I'm allowed to do light workouts and eat right. My body is perfectly rested & healed & everything though :)

&& I tried to Brestfeed, but I ran out of milk really fast :(
  • kittyfarmer1988
    Options
    When I asked about exercise after childbirth my Doctor said as soon as I felt up to it I could begin exercising normally. Assuming that you had a vaginal birth without any bleeding complications you should be fine to start working out. I've actually never heard of waiting six weeks (except for sex) and I just had my third baby earlier this year.