25 year old with Thyroid disease and PCOS

My name is Amberleigh and I live in Georgia. I currently weigh in at 240 and I am 5'4. I have been diagnosed with both Hypothyroidism and Poly-cystic Ovarian syndrome. I am also undiagnosed with digestion problems. Crohn's runs in my family and am in the middle of getting some tests done. The main problem I am having with weight is I have two diseases that I am battling that cause obesity, and at the same time I am having problems keeping my hunger satisfied with my fast digestive system. I am following the myfitnesspal diet restrictions at 1330 calories a day and have also been walking three to five days a week. I also have been drinking nothing but water for 6 months now. I am just beginning to actually focus on dropping the weight, but my health problems are really discouraging. Back in 2006 I lost 70 pounds, so I know it is possible. It is just hard being hungry all the time and try to stick to a diet.

Replies

• Delquin
    Delquin Posts: 33 Member
    Hi there! Burying the spam that got posted on this board and bringing up the real posts to the top. Rather than dieting, have you tried a change in diet to help combat the effects of the diseases? Gluten free, paleo, etc?
  • ajrbrector
    ajrbrector Posts: 3 Member
    I have stopped eating anything canned, only fresh or frozen vegetables. I've been drinking only water for 6 six months, no caffeinated or alcoholic beverages. I also stopped eating ground beef and eat ground turkey instead.