TURKEY DAY BLUES

Options
LOL!!! :tongue:

This is my first year being on a healthy lifestyle change during the Holidays. My mom's stuffing is the bomb! I know I can enjoy just make smarter choices and portions & no sweets for me. I plan on working our harder to burn what I enjoy that day.

Are any of you scared of what's to come have any tactics, plans. Anyhow....HAPPY THANKSGIVING FRIENDS!!!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a little anxious about turkey day. I have decided to skip the dinner roll and stuffing and have small portions but I have to have a small piece of my moms pumpkin roll . And I will just be good before and after. Actually christmas worries me more, because we always have hor dorves christmas eve and then the big christmas dinner on christmas....
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    WOW Thats sounds good! ha!
  • wowsley1
    Options
    Everyone needs to make the decisions that are right for them.

Beyond that, however, I am going to enjoy my Thanksgiving and Christmas days without worrying too much about my calories, but still focusing somewhat on portions. And then I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

It's two days- as long as my other days are healthy, I don't think of it as very stressful.

Good luck!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I'm going to have a nice meal and enjoy everything. I'm not going to overeat, and I'm going to make sure I get equal amounts of everything...that means no heaping on the mashed potatoes and leaving the veggie slaw off my plate. Just remember moderation! Its OK to have a big meal every once and a while, its only natural for our metabolisms. and Besides that, only eating over on one day and then going back into your regimen can actually be a nice break for your metabolism and keep it burning calories. Dont sweat it guys, just enjoy the holiday!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My family is hopeless when it comes to healthy cooking. Literally everything will be terrible for me. I plan to drink a meal replacement shake on my way to the meal and then try to eat more modest portions. The family tradition is to eat until you almost pass out, but I will try to abstain, well a little bit.

--Carter
  • crissi66
    Options
    someone suggested the other day eating on a smaller plate. I have heard of that before but never implented it. Definetly investing in a salad plate for thanksgiving and xmas dinner this year