Before and After - Cliche or Inspiring?

Options
MikeCrazy
MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
Are the before and after pics too cliche, or are they inspiring? Why?

Personally, I find other's inspiring, they show me what hard work and dedication can do, but mine...insulting is more like it...LOL. :laugh:

Replies

• lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I really love them, it's very cool to see that people worked their butts off(literally) to get to where they are now
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Inspiring. It is so awesome to see the progress that others have made.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    There is nothing cliché about hard work and dedication. I love to see the pix. I make it a point to check them out..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not a tremendously huge fan of pictures of myself...most of the ones I like have me somewhere off in the distance or something. Before or after doesn't really matter...this is one of the primary reasons I try to stay behind the camera...but sometimes **** happens.

I'm a big fan of other people's before and afters though.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I don't even understand why anyone would consider this cliche? Really?
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I find them inspiring simply because it's good to see what other people look like when they lose weight because it gives me some idea of what I might look like. Also, sometimes I feel like giving up, but then I see these incredible transformations and I'm inspired.

Also, one of the main reasons I'm losing weight is to look better, so it helps to see what other people look like after losing weight.
  • abbyblackcft
    Options
    Definitely inspiring!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love seeing before and after photos, and I am just as excited for someone who has lost 15 lb and is happy with their 'after' as I am for someone who's lost over 100 like I have.

The only thing that I'd call a bit cliché is when the before is of a woman with no makeup, greasy hair slicked back, and a Tweety Bird (or whatever tackiness) t-shirt and in the after she's bleached her hair platinum and wearing full makeup and a pin-up style dress. **But** I used to find that really annoying and I don't anymore. I used to find it a little offensive even...because for me, looking decent is part of who I am whether at size 24 or size 10. Now though...after reading so many in depth personal experiences on this forum...I am just happy for the person, especially since it's pretty clear that they didn't care as much about themselves before! So as long as they're happy now, good for them :-)
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I find them inspiring simply because it's good to see what other people look like when they lose weight because it gives me some idea of what I might look like. Also, sometimes I feel like giving up, but then I see these incredible transformations and I'm inspired.

Also, one of the main reasons I'm losing weight is to look better, so it helps to see what other people look like after losing weight.

I know how you feel, but my weight loss looks about like nothing....grr.