broccoli soup recipe?

Options
So I have some broccoli and I have a craving for soup. I haven't had soup in ages because the soup I used to make was very high in sodium and I don't want to go over my daily goal for sodium.
So basically I am looking for a broccoli soup recipe that's nutritious and delicious. It only needs to serve 2 people.

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    This is a great one! I skip the American cheese and go with the full cup of cheddar. You can replace one or both potatoes with (each) about 3/4-1C of chopped cauliflower (shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone I said that, the cauliflower haters are gonna get me. Lol. No, seriously - I legit enjoy it with the cauliflower in it, it's a little silkier and a little lighter and I truly prefer those traits in a summer soup. It tastes a little different, but I like how cauliflower tastes, sooo no biggie for me).

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/12/broccoli-cheese-and-potato-soup.html
  • loveless_me
    loveless_me Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cheese and milk in a soup? I''ve never made a soup with cheese or milk in it before. I hope I don't mess it up. It sounds delicious.
    33 carbs :O Wow that's a lot, Is there less carbs in it with the cauliflower in it instead of potatoes?
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Cheese and milk in a soup? I''ve never made a soup with cheese or milk in it before. I hope I don't mess it up. It sounds delicious.
    33 carbs :O Wow that's a lot, Is there less carbs in it with the cauliflower in it instead of potatoes?

Yep, it goes down to about 18 with the cauliflower (YMMV, I have my recipe done in the recipe builder based on the actual weights of the various veggies I used the last time I made it, so it could be off by one or two either way depending on how you make it). They're BIG servings, though, too.
  • loveless_me
    loveless_me Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!!! I can't wait to make it. Thanks for the recipe :)