I Need Help!

Options
Jaegee817
Jaegee817 Posts: 27 Member
I've lost all self control, I need help in getting motivated to eat healthier! I've been on the run 24 hrs a day since mid May, no time to cook or eat healthy. Meals consist of grabbing the fastest fast food available. At first I was doing frozen breakfasts and lean cuisines but haven't had a chance to restock. I need help!

Replies

• UseKnowledge
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend frozen foods. I know you stated you don't have much time to cook, but I would highly recommend finding foods you can make in bulk and use for the rest of the week.

Visit reddit.com/r/EatCheapAndHealthy

They have a lot of user-uploaded recipes that are ... cheap and healthy :).
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :) I am pretty busy during the week also :) I have found on Sundays I usually have a lot of downtime so on those days I cook my own meals and freeze them for the week :) That way I know what is going into them and how many calories :) However, just make sure you are logging what you eat even if its fast food, lean cuisines whatever :) If you are logging them all it gives you and idea where you stand calorie wise and helps you find areas maybe you can make better choices in :) Best of luck!
  • Jaegee817
    Jaegee817 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping life calms down enough so I can plan ahead. Any suggestions on meals? I'm coming up blank!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com for lots of delicious, low-calorie recipes!
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping life calms down enough so I can plan ahead. Any suggestions on meals? I'm coming up blank!

Look up these threads:
    What's for breakfast?
    What's for lunch?
    What's for supper???
    Some of them have photos, too.

I get ideas from them.
  • camorganart
    camorganart Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Consider investing in a slow cooker/crock pot. It cooks whilst you're gone and you can divide whatever you make in to portions and freeze them for later.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Can you try making ahead some smoothies? Or use meal replacement shakes now and then, just for the convenience? A case of Slim Fast or something at your office, for example. I know that's not ideal, but it would probably be better for you than fast food.

Are you logging everything?